Assam Institute of Management
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2008)|
It was established in 1988 by the Government of Assam to promote professional education in North East India. It is run as a Government of Assam Society, the chief Secretary of the State being the chairperson of the Governing Body. The institution has been offering Post Graduate Diploma in Business Management (PGDBM) since 1994, approved by AICTE. Its courses are modelled on courses offered by the Indian Institute of Management.
Apart from PGDBM, the Institute also offers a course in Post Graduate Diploma In Travel & Tourism Management Industry (PGDTTIM).
Every year distinguished personalities are invited during the Assam Institute of Management foundation lectures. The lectures are based on diverse topics such as ‘Between Peace Development and Opportunity: Bridging the Gaps'.
AIM Quest Ashwamedh
AIM Quest Ashwamedh, is the Annual B-School fest, organized by Assam Institute of Management.The fest strives to sensitise on important social issues and corporate social responsibility and creation of socially meaningful actions that leads to benefits beyond their business interests.
The various events are:
- Yojana- a business plan contest.
- Quizzicals - a quiz contest.
- Ranbhumi – a business debate contest
- Ad Zap – an advertising contest
- Reporter, Staff (January 21, 2012). "Look East Policy fails to bring investment to NE". The Assam Tribune. Retrieved June 14, 2012.
- Official Website
- Reporter, Staff (January 20, 2011). "AIM Quest Ashwamedh from today". The Assam Tribune (Guwahati). Retrieved June 14, 2012.
|This Indian university, college or other educational institution-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|