From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Assamese in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Assamese refers to "related/associated to or belonging to Assam or the people/culture of Assam". It could mean any of the following or more:
- Assamese people, native speaker of Assamese language
- People of Assam, multi-ethnic, multi-linguistic and multi-religious people of Assam
- Assamese language, easternmost Indo-Aryan language
- Assamese script, the script used to write the Assamese Language
- Assam tea, tea grown in Assam
- Assam silk, Silk cultivated in Assam
- Assamese Culture, the culture of Assamese people
- Assamese cuisine, cuisine of Assam
- Asom Sena, student organization in Assam
- Asam Sahitya Sabha, social,literature,rhetorical congress of Assam
- Asom Gana Parishad, regional political party
- Assam macaque, a macaque of the Old World monkey family native to South and Southeast Asia.
- Assam agitation: A student unrest happened in Assam
- Assam Rifles: A para-military wing of the Indian Army
- Assam cricket team, a Ranji Trophy plate group team based in Assam
- Assam Valley, Brahmaputra river valley
- Upper Assam, eastern "Brahmaputra Valley"
- Western Assam, western part of "Brahmaputra Valley"
- Assam Oil, engaged in the business of exploration, development and production of crude oil and natural gas, transportation of crude oil and production of liquid petroleum gas
- Assamese literature, the entire corpus of poetry, novels, short stories, documents and other writings in the Assamese language
- Ahoms, who ruled Upper Assam for six centuries are the descendants from paternal line of ethnic Tai people who accompanied the Tai prince Sukaphaa into Assam
- Assamese Brahmins, the Indo-Aryan group, Brahmins of "Brahmaputra Valley"
- Barua, which is also spelled as Baruah, Barooah, Baruwa, Baroova, Barooa, Baroowa, Borooah, Boruah; is a common Assamese surname found among Brahmins of Assam Valley, Kalitas and Ahoms alike.
- Kalita, early Aryan immigrants of "Brahmaputra Valley"
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.