Assemblée des francophones fonctionnaires des organisations internationales
|Assemblée des francophones fonctionnaires des organisations internationales|
|Formation||21 March 2007|
|Purpose/focus||Global network of French-speaking international civil servants|
|President||Dominique Hoppe (since 2007)|
The Assemblée des francophones fonctionnaires des organisations internationales (AFFOI), French for the Assembly of French speaking international civil servants , is a global network of French-speaking international civil servants.
The Assembly was Founded in The Hague in 2007 by representatives of the United Nations (UN)., the International Court of Justice (ICJ), the International Criminal Court(ICC), the Organisation for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), the European Space Agency (ESA), Europol and Eurojust, it is now represented in 57 international organisations.
The objective of the AFFOI is to defend linguistic, cultural and conceptual diversity . within in the functioning of International Organisations. It also aims at the renovation of the governance of multilateral institution.
The AFFOI has offices in cities with high density of international organisations -The Hague, New York, Washington, Geneva, Luxembourg, Brussels, Addis Ababa - but has also representatives within international organisations that are geographically more isolated. Its headquarters are located in The Hague, Netherlands.
The Convention which created the Assembly of French speaking international civil servants was signed on March 21, 2007 by Judge Bruno Cotte from the ICC, Judge Ronny Abraham from the ICJ, Patrice Palanque, Director at OIAC, Dominique Hoppe, President of AFIF-PB, Michel Quillé Director of Europol, Gérard Loubens, General Prosecutor at Eurojust and Jean Jacques Dordain, General Secretary of ESA.
Between 2007 and 2010, the Assembly progressively extended to almost all international organisations implemented in Europe. In October 2010, during the heads of state's Summit in Montreux, the AFFOI has organised the first Journée du français dans les organisations internationales, (day of French language in international organisations). This worldwide event has been the first step of the expension of the AFFOI on all continents and within an increasing number of international organisations.
Beginning 2011 the AFFOI has published its manifesto . and created the AFFOI for the youth . a special unit that supports French speaking new graduates who want to work for an international organisation. In February 2011, the AFFOI became the fifth official operator of francophonie. next to TV5 MONDE, Université Senghor, the Agence universitaire de la Francophonie and the Association internationale des maires francophones. It is also the representative of the Assemblée parlementaire de la Francophonie (APF)' . for all matters related to international organisations .
- Five apparatus form the Assemblée des francophones fonctionnaires des organisations internationales:
- The general assembly: It is the main organ of the AFFOI. Every four years, all members of the network gather electronically for a week and decide the future goals and strategies for the four next years. The general assembly also controls the actions of the board of directors as well as his members behaviour. Online votes regulate major decisions.
- The superior council: Composed by a maximum of 20 French speaking international civil servants of the highest level of their respectives organisations, the superior council meets once a year to support the activities of the AFFOI on diplomatic and political levels.
- The board of directors: It is formed by the presidents of local units. It manages the consistency of the activitites of the AFFOI between the different sites and supervises the executive board.
- The executive board: It is the management organ of the AFFOI.
- The president: He is elected by the general assembly and is at the head of the superior council as well as the board of directors. The term of office is four years renewable.
- The AFFOI's headquarters are in the Hague. Regional offices have been established in Paris, New-York, Brussels, Washington, Luxembourg, Geneva, Addis Ababa and Montreal.
- Official website (French)
- Francophonia's official website (French)
- Association internationale des maires francophones
- Association internationale des parlementaires francophones