Tourism at Assi Ghat
Assi Ghat is one of ghats often visited for recreation and during festivals. On typical days about 300 people visit every hour in the mornings, and on festival days 2500 people arrive per hour. The ghat accommodates about 22,500 people at once during festivals like Shivratri.
It was at Assi Ghat, Tulsidas left for heavenly abode.
Varanasi attracts a large number of young Israeli tourists who visit after serving in their country's mandatory military service. Many of these tourists connect with the Jewish community in Assi Ghat.
In popular culture
- "In the new world". Indian Express. Feb 11, 2011.
- John McKim Malville and Rana P. B. Singh. "Time and the Ganga River at Asi Ghat, Pilgrimage and Ritual Landscape". Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- Aditi Bhaduri (21 Dec 2010). "What’s a rabbi doing on Assi ghat?". Deccan Herald. Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- "New measures to perk up vigil in city". The Times of India. The Times Group. 11 Dec 2010. Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- "Sunny Deol to play a pandit in Mohalla Assi". NDTV Movies. Retrieved 2011-02-11.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Assi Ghat.|