Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau
|Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau|
|Directed by||Gautham Menon|
|Written by||Gautham Menon|
|Based on||Neethane En Ponvasantham & Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu
by Gautham Menon
|Starring||Aditya Roy Kapur
|Cinematography||M. S. Prabhu|
|Distributed by||Photon Kathaas|
|Release dates||18 July 2014|
|Running time||140 mintues|
Assi Nabbe Poorey Sau (English: Eighty, Ninety, Complete Hundred) is a forthcoming Hindi romantic film written and directed by Gautham Menon. It features Aditya Roy Kapur and Samantha Ruth Prabhu in the lead roles. It features soundtrack and film score composed by Ilaiyaraja, while the cinematography and editing are handled by M. S. Prabhu and Anthony Gonsalves, respectively. The film is a remake of the bilingual South Indian film Neethaane En Ponvasantham (Tamil) / Yeto Vellipoyindhi Manasu (Telugu). The film, produced by Photon Kathaas and R.S. Infotainment is currently in production stage and is expected to release in July, 2014.
Due to Aditya Roy Kapur's date problems, Gautham Menon has gone ahead with the Tamil and Telugu versions and will resume the Hindi version at a later time. An official statement released recently stated that they have already identified an alternative production house which has agreed to fund the movie and it would release in 2013.
Though the Hindi version was shelved in 2012, the recent success of Aditya Roy Kapur's Aashiqui 2 & Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, has led the makers to revive and release the Hindi film. In August 2012,producers Viacom 18 disassociated themselves from the project and produced only the Telugu and Tamil versions which stars Nani and Jiiva respectively along with Samantha.
Sonam Kapoor was considered for the lead role but Samantha became the final decision. Aditya Roy Kapur will star alongside Samantha “where the pair transition from age 15-25 throughout the movie. As Kapur has gotten rid of his trademark curly mop of hair and now sports a more sober look in the movie.Both Samantha and Aditya had to go through three age-transitions from 15 to 20 to 25. Their love story starts when they're six. The transformation, according to the director, is startling.
- "Ram-Gautham's film titled as Nithya - Telugu Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 2011-09-07. Retrieved 2011-10-03.
- "Gautham Menon re-launches Aditya Roy Kapur in Assi Nabey Poore Sau | Bollywood News | News". Bollywood Hungama. 24 January 2012. Retrieved 15 February 2012.
- "Samantha Ruth Prabhu takes over Sonam Kapoor’s role". BollySpice. 2012-03-31. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- "South sensations invade Bollywood". Bollywood Hungama. 2012-05-15. Retrieved 2012-05-15.
- "Neethane En Ponvasantham's Hindi remake on hold". Times of India. 2011-06-01. Retrieved 2011-06-01.
- "Aditya Roy Kapur's Assi Nabbe Poore Sau to be revived". Bollywood Hungama. 2013-06-29. Retrieved 2013-06-29.
- "South star Samantha gets ready for Bollywood". Rediff. 2012-03-29. Retrieved 2012-08-04.