|Born||November 1, 1973|
|Genres||Pop, R&B, Oriental music|
Assia (born on November 1, 1973, in Algiers) is an Algerian-born French singer with Kabyle origins. Her albums mixed French variety, rhythm and blues, and Oriental music. She had great success with her hit singles "Elle est à toi" and "Là-bas".
At a young age, she spent twelve years at the classical conservatory in Créteil (near Paris), then a few years later obtained a law degree.
In 2000, she released her first album entitled Chercheuse d'or (recorded in Paris, Toulouse and Los Angeles). Assia wrote the texts and his brother Khalil signed the music. Her first top single "Elle est à toi" (over 700,000 copies) was written in collaboration with Calbo of Arsenik. The second single is "Là-bas" (music video directed by J.G. Biggs).
In 2002, Assia played in the musical Cindy with Lââm in the lead role.
In 2003, she released a single with Beenie Man, "Street Life".
In 2005, Assia released her second album, Encore et Encore, recorded in Spain, whose second single "Politiquement Correct" was co-written with Diam's.
|2005||Encore et Encore||80||—||—||—|
|1999||"Mauvais garçon" 1||50||—||—||—|
|2000||"Elle est à toi"||3||2||—||Platinum|
|"Quelques Mots en ton nom" 2||35||—||—||—|
|2003||"Street Life" 4||41||—||—||—|
|"Si c'était à refaire"||50||—||66||—|
- Assia certifications in France Chartsinfrance.net (Retrieved October 6, 2008)
- Assia discography and peak positions in France Lescharts.com (Retrieved October 6, 2008)
- Assia discography and peak positions in Belgium (Wallonia) Ultratop.be (Retrieved October 6, 2008)
- Assia discography and peak positions in Switzerland Hitparade.ch (Retrieved October 6, 2008)
- This article incorporates information from the revision as of 2008-10-07 of the equivalent article on the French Wikipedia.