Assistant Bishop of Newcastle
The Assistant Bishop of Newcastle is an episcopal title used by the sole full-time stipendiary assistant bishop (effectively suffragan bishop) of the Church of England Diocese of Newcastle in the Province of York, England. The title takes its name as the bishop who assists the diocesan Bishop of Newcastle.
List of bishops
|Assistant Bishops of Newcastle|
|1980||1998||Ken Gill||Formerly Bishop of the Central Karnataka Diocese of the Church of South India. Appointed stipendiary Assistant Bishop of Newcastle in 1980.|
|1998||2010||Paul Richardson||Formerly Bishop of Wangaratta in the Anglican Church of Australia. Resigned and joined the Roman Catholic Church|
|2010||present||Frank White||Formerly suffragan Bishop of Brixworth.|
- Anglican Communion — Newcastle
- Diocese of Newcastle — New Assistant Bishop of Newcastle announced
- Haydon News, April 1998 (p. 12)
- "Archbishop of Canterbury Awards Lambeth Degrees". Official Archbishop of Canterbury website. 7 September 2004. Retrieved 20 January 2011.
- Whittaker's Almanack (120th ed.). London: Whitaker and Sons Ltd. 1988. p. 488. ISBN 0-85021-178-6.
- ""Church of England bishop converts to Rome" - Damian Thompson - Daily Telegraph". The Daily Telegraph (London). 17 February 2010. Retrieved 3 June 2011.
|This Anglicanism-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|