|Traded as||NASDAQ: ASBC|
|Industry||Financial Services, regional banks, Bank-holding Company|
|Headquarters||Green Bay, Wisconsin, USA|
|Number of locations||239 Branches|
William R. Hutchinson, ChairmanPhilip B. Flynn, CEO
Commercial Real Estate
Specialized Financial Services
|Employees||4,699 (Sept 30, 2013)|
Associated Banc-Corp is a US regional bank holding company providing retail, commercial banking, commercial real estate lending, private client and specialized financial services. It is headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin. It is the largest bank (by asset size) headquartered in Wisconsin. The banks main focus is middle-market commercial banking in Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, and the Upper Mid-West.
At September 30, 2013, it had $24 billion in assets  and was one of the top 50, publicly traded, U.S. bank holding companies. Associated Bank is a nationally chartered bank, regulated by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Department of the Treasury. Associated Bank is a member of the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago and the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago.  The company has over 4,600 employees.
The Associated-Banc Corp holding company was formed in 1970 when three community banks formed a banking alliance that consolidated into Associated Bank.
The three founding community banks were:
- The First National Bank of Neenah, founded in 1861
- Kellogg Citizens National Bank, Green Bay, founded 1874
- Manitowoc Savings Bank, founded in 1884 as the Schuette Bank
- 1970 - Associated Banc-Corp was officially formed 
- 1989 - Acquired the Associated De Pere Bank of De Pere, Wisconsin
- 1991 - Acquired Farners State Bank of Pound, Wisconsin and F&M Financial Services
- 1992 - Acquired Wausau Financial and Northeast Wisconsin Financial Services
- 1993 - Changed name to Associated Bank Green Bay, NA
- 1993 - Acquired First National Bank of Sturgeon Bay of Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
- 1993 - Bank assets increased to $2.9 billion and expanded across state of Wisconsin
- 1995 - Acquired GN Bancorp of Illinois
- 1996 - Acquired Mid-American National Bancorp of Illinois
- 1997 - Merged with $6bn (assets) First Financial Corporation of Stevens Point, Wisconsin
- 1998 - Acquired Citizens Bank, NA of Shawano, Wisconsin
- 1999 - Acquired Windsor Bancshares of Minnesota
- 2001 - Changed name to Associated Bank, NA; merged and re-branded existing affiliate banks in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Neenah, Wisconsin, Manitowoc, Wisconsin, Wausau, Wisconsin, and Madison, Wisconsin
- 2002 - Acquired Signal Financial Corp. of Minnesota
- 2003 - Merged and re-branded affiliates: Associated Card Services Bank in Stevens Point, Wisconsin and Associated Bank Illinois in Rockford, Illinois
- 2004 - Acquired First Federal Capital Bank of La Crosse, Wisconsin, expanding into Western and Southwest Wisconsin
- 2005 - Merged and re-branded affiliate banks in Minneapolis, Minnesota and in Chicago, Illinois
- 2005 - Acquired State Financial Services of Hales Corners, Wisconsin and expanded to Northern Illinois
- 2006 - Acquired Centra Financial of Wisconsin
- 2007 - Acquired First National Bank of Hudson, Wisconsin
- 2008 - Requested a $525 Million share, of the $700 Billion TARP fund
- 2009 - Named Bill Hutchinson as Chairman and hired Phil Flynn, from Union Bank of California, as CEO to effect a turnaround
- 2010 - Associated Bank launched its footprint project in 2009 to enhance the look and feel of its branches and to ensure consistency throughout its various offices.
- 2010 - Associated Bank returns to profitability 
- 2011 - Retired of all remaining Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) preferred stock.
- 2012 - Phil Flynn annointed as turnaround banker of the year by American Banker magazine
- 2012 - Redeveloped the Downtown Green Bay Regency building, to create the new Associated Center as it headquarters
- 2013 - Consolidated its Chicago commercial and private banking efforts at 525 Monroe Street
Lines of business
Associated Banc-Corp provides banking and nonbanking products and services to individuals and businesses through the Midwest. Associated Banc-Corp serves small and larger business, government/municipalities, metro or niche markets and companies with specialized lending needs.
- Retail Banking - lending, deposit gathering, checking accounts, mortgages, education saving, IRA accounts, certified deposits and other banking-related products and services
- Commercial Banking - financing, employee benefits, treasury management, insurance and investing, equipment and machinery leasing and international banking
- Commercial Real Estate Lending - loans and lending, including construction financing, interim/bridge financing, acquisition financing, term financing and refinancing
- Wealth Management/Private Banking - investment management, advisory and corporate agency services to assist with building, investing or protecting wealth for individuals, corporations, small businesses, charitable trusts, endowments, foundations and institutional investors
- Specialized Financial Services - lending services for power generation, oil and gas, insurance, mortgage warehouse and healthcare industries
Associated Bank's three-state retail branch footprint includes Wisconsin, Illinois and Minnesota. In addition, Associated has commercial loan production offices in the Cincinnati, Indianapolis, St Louis, and Detroit MSAs. Associated is the largest bank headquartered in Wisconsin. In 2012, Associated was the leading mortgage lender in Wisconsin, in terms of both units ( number of mortgages ) and dollars financed. Associated has been Wisconsin's leading SBA lender for several years running.
The principal executive office is located 433 Main Street, in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
During the 1990s and 2000s, Associated Banc-Corp merged all of its affiliated banks into Associated Bank, NA, a wholly owned subsidiary.
Associated's non-bank subsidiaries include: Associated Trust Company, Kellogg Asset Management, Associated Financial Group, and Associated Investment Services.
Associated Bank is the official bank of the following:
Associated Bank’s new branding campaign highlights a bright, welcoming green chair as a metaphor of the customer experience with Associated. The bank’s new tagline is “A good fit” along with the chair. The chair appears in places both expected and unexpected, and shows that Associated is always there to support the customer, providing “a good fit” into their lives. Commercials will feature actual Associated customers along with some spots that will have Aaron Rodgers. 
- "Company News Release". Associated Banc-Corp. January 17,2013. Retrieved January 28, 2013.
- "Top 50 bank holding companies". Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council. March 31, 2007. Archived from the original on 4 April 2007. Retrieved April 15, 2007.
- "Associated Banc-Corp". Holding Companies. Associated Banc-Corp. January 17, 2013. Retrieved January 28, 2013.
- "EXCESS SPACE RETAIL SERVICES RETAINED BY ASSOCIATED BANK". Excess Space Retail Services, Inc. Excess Space Retail Services, Inc. November 10, 2011. Retrieved November 10, 2011.
- "Bank Holding Company Detail". FDIC Institution Directory. Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation. June 30, 2006. Retrieved April 15, 2007.
- "Rinka Chung Architecture". November 19, 2012. Retrieved November 19, 2012.
- "Flynn tackles ‘a solvable problem’ at Associated Bank". Biz Times, Eric Decker. Biz Times, Eric Decker. May 28, 2010. Archived from the original on 5 June 2010. Retrieved May 28, 2010.
- "Associated Banc-Corp". packers.com. October 26, 2011. Retrieved October 26, 2011.
- "Associated Bank launches Aaron Rodgers ads". biztimes.com. September 7, 2011. Retrieved September 7, 2011.
- "Edith scores with Packers fans in ads with Rodgers". jsonline.com. October 2, 2011. Retrieved October 2, 2011.
- "Hit a home run by choosing a bank that delivers customized service and outstanding value". milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/. October 2, 2011. Retrieved October 2, 2011.
- "Associated Banc-Corp". newsroom.associatedbank.com. November 12, 2013. Retrieved November 12, 2013.