Association of IOC Recognised International Sports Federations
The Association of IOC Recognised International Sports Federations (ARISF) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-discriminatory organisation constituted through and recognised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC). It was formed in 1983. It is headed by Raffaele Chiulli, who is the President of ARISF.
The following 35 governing bodies are members of the ARISF.
ARISF ensures that millions of athletes across the planet - from the grassroots to the elites - benefit from the recognition which the International Olympic Committee grants to their sports.
Notes and references
- "New ARISF Council elected". Association of IOC Recognised International Sports Federations. 5 June 2013. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- "ARISF - Members". arisf.org. Retrieved 4 June 2012.
- including aerobatics, air racing, ballooning, gliding, hang gliding, and parachuting/skydiving
- including carom billiards, pocket billiards/pool, and snooker
- including roller racing, rink hockey and artistic
- International Olympic Committee (IOC)
- Association of Summer Olympic International Federations (ASOIF)
- Association of International Olympic Winter Sports Federations (AIOWF)
- SportAccord (GAISF)
- List of international sport federations