Association of IOC Recognised International Sports Federations
The Association of IOC Recognised International Sports Federations (ARISF) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-discriminatory organisation constituted through and recognised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC). It was formed in 1983. It is headed by Raffaele Chiulli, who is the President of ARISF.
The latest sports to join the ARISF are Sport Climbing (International Federation of Sport Climbing), Cricket (International Cricket Council) and Powerboating (Union Internationale Motonautique) which were officially recognised by the IOC on 11 February 2010 and auto racing (Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile) which was officially recognised by the IOC on 9 December 2011.
Following 33 are the members of the ARISF.
ARISF ensures that millions of athletes across the planet - from the grassroots to the elites - benefit from the recognition which the International Olympic Committee grants to their sports.
Notes and references
- "New ARISF Council elected". Association of IOC Recognised International Sports Federations. 5 June 2013. Retrieved 16 July 2013.
- Cricket edges closer to Olympic roster by AFP. Retrieved on 13 FEB 2010.
- "ARISF - Members". arisf.org. Retrieved 4 June 2012.
- including aerobatics, air racing, ballooning, gliding, hang gliding, and parachuting/skydiving
- In April 2013, IBAF announced that it would merge with the International Softball Federation to form a new governing body for the two sports, the World Baseball Softball Confederation. "New World Baseball Softball Body born at historic Tokyo Congress" (Press release). International Baseball Federation. 2013-04-14. Retrieved 2013-05-30.
- including carom billiards, pocket billiards/pool, and snooker
- International Federation for chess. International Olympic Committee official website. Retrieved 2 May 2008.
- FIDE - Uniting the Chess World FIDE Official website. Retrieved 2 May 2008.
- including roller racing, rink hockey and artistic
- International Olympic Committee (IOC)
- Association of Summer Olympic International Federations (ASOIF)
- Association of International Olympic Winter Sports Federations (AIOWF)
- SportAccord (GAISF)
- List of international sport federations