|Industry||Cyber security software|
|Headquarters||Reading, United Kingdom|
Assuria Log Manager
Assuria Ltd is a UK cyber security software technology company. The company specialises in automated compliance and information assurance solutions and log management solutions. The products are sold world-wide, especially to the financial services and government sectors.
The company's roots date back to 1991 and the foundation of March Information Systems Ltd. This company developed the Security Manager product, and both company and product were acquired by Internet Security Systems in 1998, with Security Manager being rebranded as System Scanner. In 2004, the original team that was responsible for both Security Manager and System Scanner founded Assuria Ltd. The company took over the support and further development of that product, now branded Assuria Auditor.
The company has been based since its foundation on the Whiteknights campus of the University of Reading, in the English city of Reading. Initially occupying offices in the, now demolished, Reading Enterprise Hub, the company relocated to offices in the Science & Technology Centre in 2007, before moving to the new Enterprise Centre in 2011.
In late 2010, the company received inward investment from BAE Systems' Investment in Innovation fund. In 2011, the Assuria Log Manager product was awarded the CESG Claims Tested Mark (CCTM) by the Communications-Electronics Security Group (CESG), the United Kingdom's national technical authority for information assurance.
The company specialises in automated compliance and information assurance solutions and log management products, which are sold world-wide, especially to the financial services and government sectors. The company's products include:
- Assuria Auditor, an agent based system configuration and vulnerability assessment product.
- Assuria CyberSense, a family of remote scanning system configuration and vulnerability assessment products.
- Assuria Log Manager, used for securely collecting and managing audit logs from across the enterprise.
- "Assuria receives cyber defence development support from BAE Systems". SCMagazine. Haymarket Media Inc. 2011-01-17. Retrieved 2011-02-08.
- "System Scanner - Assuria - Customer FAQ" (PDF). Internet Security Systems, Inc. Archived from the original on 22 March 2006. Retrieved 2006-04-13.
- Stephenson, Peter (2009-01-05). "Assuria Auditor". SCMagazine. Haymarket Media Inc. Archived from the original on 31 December 2010. Retrieved 2010-12-14.
- "Reading Enterprise Centre due to open at Earley Gate". University of Reading. 2010-11-11. Retrieved 2010-12-14.
- "CCTM - Awards - Assuria Log Manager Version 4". UK Government (Crown Copyright). 2011. Retrieved 2011-11-28.
|This article about an IT-related or software-related company or corporation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|