|Full name||Assyabaab Surabaya|
|Nickname(s)||The Green Shark|
The club founded in 1948 in Ampel, Surabaya. The club named Assyabaab; it is a nickname for Arab descent at that place, since most of the founder is the Arab descent. Assyabaab was one of the best club in Indonesian football at 1960–1970 era. At that era, many of Indonesia national football team player come from this club. Some players also played in Hong Kong after they played for Assyabaab. Later the club performance decrease.
After two decade hiatus from top-tier Indonesian football, Assyabaab promoted to the top level at Galatama on 1991. Later the club bought by Salim Group, and was renamed Assyabaab Salim Grup Surabaya. Consequently they have better facility, and their performance increase. They can hold in top-tier football league for several years. They advanced to the quarter final at the 1994–1995 Liga Indonesia Premier Division.
- 1990 : Champion at "Divisi satu" or second level in Galatama
- 1991–1992 : 13th place at Galatama
- 1992–1993 : unknown position at Galatama
- 1993–1994 : 3th[clarification needed] place in East group at Galatama
- 1994–1995 : Quarter final at Liga Indonesia Premier Division
- 1995–1996 : 9th place in East group at Liga Indonesia Premier Division
- 1996–1997 : 10th place in East group at Liga Indonesia Premier Division
- "Majalah Tempo Online". Majalah.tempointeraktif.com. 1991-07-13. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- Catatan Kecil (2011-06-14). "Football News Without Frontier - Berita". Mediasepakbola.com. Retrieved 2015-01-10.
- "Indonesia 1989/90". Rsssf.com. 2010-09-08. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- "Indonesia 1991/92". Rsssf.com. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- "Indonesia 1993/94". Rsssf.com. 2010-09-08. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- "Indonesia 1994/95". Rsssf.com. 2009-12-11. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- "Indonesia 1995/96". Rsssf.com. Retrieved 2012-06-27.
- "Indonesia 1996/97". Rsssf.com. 2005-12-21. Retrieved 2012-06-27.