Astana International Airport
|Astana International Airport
Халықаралық Астана Әуежайы
Международный аэропорт Астана
|IATA: TSE – ICAO: UACC|
|Operator||JSC Astana International Airport|
|Elevation AMSL||355 m / 1,165 ft|
|Sources: Airport Statistics
Astana International Airport (Kazakh: Халықаралық Астана Әуежайы, Russian: Международный Аэропорт Астана) (IATA: TSE, ICAO: UACC) is an international airport in Kazakhstan located 16.7 km (10.4 mi) southeast of the capital Astana.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (November 2012)|
The airport traces its history to 1931 when Astana's first airfield was constructed. Airport infrastructure has been continuously upgraded, making it possible to accept heavy aircraft by 1948, and starting 24-hour operation in 1956.
Following the transfer of the country capital to Astana in 1997, the airport underwent a series of major reconstructions which brought it up to international standards. A new passenger terminal designed by the late Japanese architect Kisho Kurokawa was officially opened in February 2005.
Currently Astana Airport accepts all types of aircraft without limitation of take-off weight. During 2012, traffic increased to 2,303,143 passengers.
There are two terminals at the airport, one for domestic flights and the other for international flights.
Airlines and destinations
|Kalitta Air||Hong Kong|
|Turkish Airlines Cargo||Istanbul-Atatürk|
|Global Jet||Sharjah Airport|
- AIP Kazakhstan
- "Air Arabia adds Astana to Kazakhstan network". Al Bawaba. 10 October 2012. Retrieved 11 October 2012.
- L, J (12 February 2014). "Air Astana Plans Astana – Bangkok Service from late-October 2014". Airline Routes. Retrieved 12 February 2014.
- "Эйр Астана. Новый рейс из Астаны в Бишкек". International Travel plus. 22 February 2013. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "Эйр Астана. Новый рейс Астана-Киев". International Travel plus. 18 February 2013. Retrieved 18 February 2013.
- L, J (20 September 2013). "Air Astana to Launch Astana – London Heathrow from late-October 2013". Routesonline / Routes. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "Эйр Астана. Новый рейс Астана-Оренбург". International Travel plus. 13 February 2013. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- "Air Astana to Start Astana – Tashkent Service from May 2012". Airline Route. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- "Авиакомпания "SCAT" начала осуществлять авиарейсы из Астаны в Семей". Информационная служба ZAKON.KZ. 6 December 2012. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- "К открытию прямой международной авиалинии Урумчи - Астана". People's Daily Online. 6 August 2012. Retrieved 6 August 2012.
- "City pairs Schedule". Information and Services. JSC "TRANSAERO" Airlines. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- Astana International Airport (official site)
- Accident history for TSE at Aviation Safety Network
- Current weather for UACC at NOAA/NWS