Astana International Airport
|Astana International Airport
Халықаралық Астана Әуежайы
Международный аэропорт Астана
|IATA: TSE – ICAO: UACC|
|Operator||JSC Astana International Airport|
|Elevation AMSL||355 m / 1,165 ft|
Astana International Airport (Kazakh: Халықаралық Астана Әуежайы, Russian: Международный Аэропорт Астана) (IATA: TSE, ICAO: UACC) is an international airport in Kazakhstan located 16.7 km (10.4 mi) southeast of the capital Astana.
Astana's first airfield was built in 1931 on the outskirts of the town and was developed further after World War II. However, a new airport, which became Astana international Airport, was built 11 miles to the south of the city and opened in November 1963. It was largely used by Aeroflot and its local directorate. Following the transfer of the capital from Almaty to Astana in December 1997, the airport underwent a series of major reconstructions which brought it up to international standards, including the current 11,484ft (3,500m) runway. A new passenger terminal designed by the late Japanese architect Kisho Kurokawa was opened in February 2005.
During 2012, traffic increased to 2,303,143 passengers.
There are one terminal which divided into two sectors – A and B. A is of International flights and B is for domestic. No need to confuse with the check-in counter sectors (B – for Air Astana flights only, A – for other carriers).
Airlines and destinations
|Kalitta Air||Hong Kong|
|Turkish Airlines Cargo||Istanbul-Atatürk|
- AIP Kazakhstan
- "Astana Kazakh Gem". Airliner World: 64–67. March 2015.
- "Air Arabia adds Astana to Kazakhstan network". Al Bawaba. 10 October 2012. Retrieved 11 October 2012.
- L, J (12 February 2014). "Air Astana Plans Astana – Bangkok Service from late-October 2014". Airline Routes. Retrieved 12 February 2014.
- "Эйр Астана. Новый рейс из Астаны в Бишкек". International Travel plus. 22 February 2013. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "Эйр Астана. Новый рейс Астана-Киев". International Travel plus. 18 February 2013. Retrieved 18 February 2013.
- L, J (20 September 2013). "Air Astana to Launch Astana – London Heathrow from late-October 2013". Routesonline / Routes. Retrieved 20 September 2013.
- "Эйр Астана. Новый рейс Астана-Оренбург". International Travel plus. 13 February 2013. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- L, J (14 November 2014). "Air Astana Adds Paris Service from April 2015". Airline Route. Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- "Air Astana to Start Astana – Tashkent Service from May 2012". Airline Route. Retrieved 26 April 2012.
- L, J (19 February 2015). "Air Astana Adds Seasonal Astana – Tbilisi Link June – August 2015". Airline Route. Retrieved 20 February 2015.
- Tyrolean Airways to merge with Austrian Airlines
- "Авиакомпания "SCAT" начала осуществлять авиарейсы из Астаны в Семей". Информационная служба ZAKON.KZ. 6 December 2012. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- "К открытию прямой международной авиалинии Урумчи – Астана". People's Daily Online. 6 August 2012. Retrieved 6 August 2012.
- L, J (20 February 2015). "SCAT Adds New Domestic Routes in Feb 2015". Airline Route. Retrieved 20 February 2015.
- "City pairs Schedule". Information and Services. JSC "TRANSAERO" Airlines. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- Astana International Airport (official site)
- Accident history for TSE at Aviation Safety Network
- Current weather for UACC at NOAA/NWS