|Leagues||National Basketball League|
|Team colors||Yellow, Orange and Black
The Astana Tigers were a professional basketball team based in Astana, Kazakhstan. They were a member of the National Basketball League. They are most crowned Kazakhstan team with 6 championship titles. The women's basketball team with the same name, plays in the Kazakhstan women's basketball league.
The Astana Tigers were founded in 2000 as a junior team at the Junior sport's school №1 of the Olympic reserve. On May 2005, Tigers officially took a professional basketball team status and joined to newly created National Basketball League. In 2010, the participated at the 2010 FIBA Asia Champions Cup. Tigers finished 3rd in preliminary found and qualified to playoffs. However, they defeated in the quarterfinals by Jordanian ASU Team. They placed 5th in the tournament, which is the best ever result for Kazakh team at the FIBA Asia Champions Cup.
- Winners (6): 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010
- "Astana Tigers women's basketball team defeats Pavlodar". Caspionet.kz. November 11, 2013. Retrieved February 9, 2014.
- "Anton Ponomarev: We’ll play to win until the final horn". VTB United League. April 14, 2011. Retrieved February 9, 2014.
- "Be acquainted - Astana Tigers" (in Russian). Astana-Legion.kz. January 12, 2011. Retrieved February 9, 2014.
- "KAZ/PHI - Smart Gilas win hearts, Astana the game". FIBA Asia. May 24, 2010. Retrieved February 9, 2014.
- "JOR/KAZ - Second quarter surge takes ASU into semifinals". FIBA Asia. May 28, 2010. Retrieved February 9, 2014.
- "KAZ/KSA - Astana aim for their best finish". FIBA Asia. May 29, 2010. Retrieved February 9, 2014.