Asterix (1993 video game)
Cover arts of NES version (above) and Super NES version (below)
|Developer(s)||Bit Managers (NES, GB)
|Composer(s)||Alberto González(NES, GB)
|Genre(s)||2D action platformer|
Astérix is a 1993 platform game for the Nintendo Entertainment System, Sega Master System, Super Nintendo Entertainment System and Game Boy. The game is based on the comic book series Asterix, and is part of a series of games based on this license. This game was only made available in PAL format due to its exclusive European release.
The player controls the short and mustached Gaul who has to progress through levels located all across Europe, fighting Romans and various aggressive animals along the way, to rescue his friend Obelix before Caesar throws him to the lions. The gameplay takes place in 50 BC. Gaul is entirely occupied by the Romans. One small Gaulish village continues to defy the occupying forces, thanks to a magic potion which makes them invincible. But now Obelix has vanished. The Romans have confirmed his capture and taken him to an unknown destination.
- "Release information". GameFAQs. Retrieved 2011-05-31.
- "Asterix credits". MobyGames. Retrieved 2013-05-05.
- "Composer information". SNES Music. Retrieved 2011-05-31.
- "Basic overview of game". MobyGames. Retrieved 2011-05-31.
- "Reason for North American cancellation". SNES Central. Retrieved 2011-05-31.
|This action game–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|