Aston Manor Road Transport Museum
|Aston Manor Road Transport Museum|
The museum's former home in Witton
|Established||14 November 1988|
|Location||Shenstone Drive Northgate, Aldridge, England|
Aston Manor Road Transport Museum is an independent transport museum that until December 2011 occupied the former Birmingham Corporation Tramways' Witton Tram Depot, in the Aston district of Birmingham, England, run by a registered charity.
Following a decision by Birmingham City Council to cease funding the museum, it closed in October 2011 and between then and December that year, the collection was moved to Beechams Business Park, home to the former Jack Allen dustcart assembly plant, in nearby Aldridge, where a new museum is expected to open in due course.
- Aston Manor Road Transport Museum, Registered Charity no. 519216 at the Charity Commission
- "Prince Charles called on to support Aston Manor Transport Museum". Birmingham Post. 2011-09-20. Retrieved 24 December 2011.
- "Latest news on the future of the Museum". Aston Manor Road Transport Museum. Retrieved 24 December 2011.
- "Aston Manor transport museum to close as council rejects offer to buy building". 2011-08-25. Retrieved 24 December 2011.
- "Facebook status update". Aston Manor Road Transport Museum. 2011-12-23. Retrieved 24 December 2011.
|This article related to a museum in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|