|Release date(s)||September 19, 2007|
AstroMenace is a 3D scrolling shoot 'em up arcade game, developed by Viewizard. It is based on the C++ game AstroMenace which was released in February 2007 as freeware for Linux and shareware for Windows, but was re-released as free software for Linux, MacOSX, and Windows.
The game is basically a space shooter with the addition to buy new weapons, systems and hulls in order to improve your ship. You can earn money and experience points by destroying enemy aliens or pirates on each level. The experience points represent the "score" which makes your skill comparable to other players.
- Gameplay: 9/10
- Graphics: 8/10
- Longevity: 7/10
- Documentation 8/10
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to AstroMenace.|
- Astromenace home page
- OpenAstroMenace project page on SourceForge.net
- AstroMenace source code on the Viewizard site
- .deb packages and patches
- Michael Kurinnoy (2007-02-20). "AstroMenace Press Release". Viewizard. Retrieved 2010-03-08.
- Graham Morrison (December 2007). "AstroMenace". Linux Format (101).