|Birth name||Charles Andrew Bothwell|
|Also known as||Andy Bothwell|
|Born||December 13, 1981|
|Genres||Alternative hip hop
|Labels||Fake Four Inc
Limited Fanfare Records
|Associated acts||Bleubird, P.O.S, The Four Fists, Maxx Moon, Boyfriends Inc., Tegan and Sara|
After gaining some recognition in local circles in Jacksonville, Florida and competing at Scribble Jam, Astronautalis self-released his debut album, You and Yer Good Ideas, in 2003. He eventually signed with Fighting Records and the record was re-released in 2005, followed by his second album, The Mighty Ocean and Nine Dark Theaters, in 2006. He released the third album, Pomegranate, on Eyeball Records in 2008. In winter 2009, he toured with the Canadian indie rock band Tegan and Sara through Europe, and supported them again through the spring of 2010 in Australia. His fourth album, This Is Our Science, was released on Fake Four Inc in 2011.
Astronautalis has been described as "if Beck were a decade or so younger and had grown up more heavily immersed in hip-hop," with his rapping style noted for "blending styles of indie rock, electro, and talkin’ blues" with hip-hop. He has described himself as "historical fiction hip-hop."
- You and Yer Good Ideas (2003)
- The Mighty Ocean and Nine Dark Theaters (2006)
- Pomegranate (2008)
- This Is Our Science (2011)
- The Four Fists (TBA) (with P.O.S)
- A Round Trip Ticket to China (2006)
- Dang! (2006)
- Split EP (2006) (with Babel Fishh)
- Seven Freestyles in Seven Days (2008)
- Astronautalis & Rickolus (2013)
- Dancehall Horn Sound!! (2010)
Guest appearances 
- Input - "Now and Never More" from Elusive Candor (2006)
- P.O.S - "Hand Made Hand Gun" from Never Better (2009)
- Otem Rellik - "Warm Pockets" from Chain Reaction Robot (2008)
- Sole and the Skyrider Band - "A Sad Day for Investors" from Sole and the Skyrider Band Remix LP (2009)
- Sole - "Swagger Like Us" & "Juicy" from Nuclear Winter Volume 1 (2009)
- Ceschi – "No New York" from The One Man Band Broke Up (2010)
- Zoën - "Be Careful What You Wish For" from One Night Between (2010)
- Andrre with Nolto and Nomad - "Keeping Memory Alive" from Learn to Love (2011)
- Andree - "Learn to Listen" from Learn to Love (2011)
- The Hood Internet with The Rosebuds - "Our Finest China" from FEAT (2012)
- Bleubird - "Hello Hollow" from Cannonball!!! (2012)
- Marijuana Deathsquads - "Top Down" from Tamper Disable Destroy (2012)
- P.O.S - "Wanted Wasted" from We Don't Even Live Here (2012)
- Myka 9 & Factor - "Bask In These Rays" from Sovereign Soul (2012)
- Culture Cry Wolf - "That's the Breaks" from The Sapient Sessions EP (2013)
Production credits 
- Bleubird – Cannonball!!! (2012)
- McNutt, Stephanie (March 22, 2010). "P.O.S., Dessa, and Astronautalis at Turner Hall". The A.V. Club.
- "Astronautalis: A Year To Remember". Fresherthan. December 31, 2009.
- Young, David (May 12, 2010). "Tegan & Sara + Astronautalis - Big Top Luna Park (07.05.10)". The AU Review.
- Mason, Stewart. "You and Yer Good Ideas - Astronautalis". Allmusic.
- "Fighting Records".
- "Astronautalis discusses his 'historical fiction hip-hop'". North Texas Daily. October 21, 2011.
- Marvilli, Joe (March 15, 2011). "Astronautalis: Preparing for the "Midday Moon"". Consequence of Sound.
- Official website
- Astronautalis discography at Discogs
- Astronautalis at Allmusic
- Featured on MN Original Program from St. Paul, MN PBS Station: MN Original Video