Evesham Road, Astwood Bank
Astwood Bank shown within Worcestershire
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Fire||Hereford and Worcester|
|EU Parliament||West Midlands|
Astwood Bank is a village on the outskirts of Redditch. The village is noted for its successful cricket team, who have twice played at Lords in the National Village Knock Out Final. The A441 Evesham Road is the main trunk road through Astwood Bank from Redditch.
- Politically, Astwood Bank comes under the Astwood Bank & Feckenham ward. The Councillors are;
- Cllr Michael Chalk (Conservative)-(Feckenham)
- Cllr Brandon Clayton (Conservative)-(Astwood Bank)
- Lionel Britton (1887–1971) was a working class writer from Astwood Bank.
- Soap star; Charlie Clemmow, who is best known for her role as Imogen Hollins in the BBC soap Doctors, was brought up in Astwood Bank.
Formerly, there was a railway station called Studley & Astwood Bank, with service going as far north as Lichfield Trent Valley and as far south as Tewkesbury. The line was closed in 1964 so now Redditch railway station is the end of the line. The station building still exists as a domestic dwelling house and is located on The Slough, just into Green Lane, Studley, Warwickshire. It is about 2 miles from Astwood Bank and 1 mile from Studley
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Astwood Bank.|
|This Worcestershire location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|