850 900 1800 1900 MHz
900 2100 MHz
|First released||Taiwan: April 2012|
|Availability by country||US: June 2012
Australia: August 2012
|Dimensions||128 mm (5.0 in) H
65.4 mm (2.57 in) W
9.2 mm (0.36 in) D
|Weight||129 g (4.6 oz) (with battery)|
|Operating system||Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich with Asus Waveshare UI|
|System on chip||Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 MSM8260A|
|CPU||1.5 GHz dual-core Qualcomm Krait|
|GPU||Qualcomm Adreno 225|
|Memory||1 GiB RAM|
|Storage||16/32/64 GiB eMMc flash memory|
|Removable storage||microSD (up to 64 GiB)|
|Battery||rechargeable li-ion (Padfone Station)|
|Data inputs||ambient light sensor, digital compass, G-sensor, gyroscope, multi-touch capacitive touchscreen, proximity sensor|
|Display||4.3 in (110 mm) capacitive Super AMOLED touch screen with qHD (540×960) resolution|
|Rear camera||8-megapixel (3264×2448) with autofocus, LED flash, 1080p HD video recording|
|Front camera||0.3-megapixel VGA|
Asus PadFone is a smartphone manufactured by Asus, released in April 2012. The phone is marketed with companion tablet dock and keyboard dock accessories intended to improve functionality and battery life. It fits into a 7-inch tablet dock. It is not the same as the Asus PadFone mini 4.3, revealed by Asus in December 2013 since that operates on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean and is skinned with the Asus' ZenUI.
The Asus PadFone has a 4-inch WVGA (480 x 800 pixel) IPS+ LED-backlit display. The Asus PadFone mini has 8GB of built-in storage, an 8-megapixel 'PixelMaster' rear f/2.0 BSI camera, 2-megapixel front-facing camera, and a 4.5Wh 1170mAh non-removable polymer battery. The tablet dock features an 8.3Wh 2100mAh non-removable polymer battery to supplement this.
Asus PadFone E
In January 2014, Asus launched a new PadFone called Asus PadFone E that consists of a 10.1-inch tablet and a 4.7-inch phone.
- "Asus Padfone is now available in Formosa" (video), The tab arena (World Wide Web log), 2012-05-08.
- "Unlocked Asus Padfone United States pricing", Android authority.
- "Asus Padfone landing down under 14 August", PC world (AU: IDG).
- "PadFone" (specifications). Asus.
- Gadgets, NDTV. "Asus PadFone mini, PadFone X smartphone-tablet hybrids launched at CES 2014". Retrieved 13 January 2014.
- "Asus PadFone E Unveiled". Tabletmonkeys.
- Official website
- "ASUS PadFone", Engadget (review), 2012-06-12.
- "ASUS PadFone", The Verge (review), 2012-06-06.
- Padfone Club – The intuitive community.
- Padfone Wiki – Share what you know about the Padfone.
|This mobile phone-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|