Aswarby and Scredington railway station
|Aswarby and Scredington|
|Station buildings are now a private home|
|Original company||Great Northern Railway|
|Pre-grouping||Great Northern Railway|
|Post-grouping||London and North Eastern Railway|
|2 January 1872||Station opened as 'Scredington|
|1 February 1875||Station renamed Aswarby and Scredington|
|22 September 1930||Station closed|
|Disused railway stations in the United Kingdom|
|Closed railway stations in Britain
A B C D–F G H–J K–L M–O P–R S T–V W–Z
|UK Railways portal|
Aswarby and Scredington railway station was a station close to Scredington, Lincolnshire on the Great Northern Railway Bourne and Sleaford railway. It opened in 1872 and closed in 1930. It was originally shown on maps as Aswarby Station, but by 1905 it was shown as Aswarby and Scredington Station.
|Preceding station||Disused railways||Following station|
|Sleaford||Great Northern Railway
Bourne and Sleaford Railway
|Billingborough and Horbling|
- British Railways Atlas.1947. p.17
- Aswarby & Scredington Station (506743). PastScape. English Heritage. Retrieved 2010-12-15.
- "Old Maps UK:1889 1:2500 Aswarby Station, co-ords 509200,340900". Retrieved 2010-11-29.
- "Old Maps UK:1905 1:2500 Aswarby & Scredington Station, co-ords 509200,340900". Retrieved 2010-11-29.
- Butt, R. V. J. (1995). The Directory of Railway Stations: details every public and private passenger station, halt, platform and stopping place, past and present (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0508-1. OCLC 60251199.
- Jowett, Alan (March 1989). Jowett's Railway Atlas of Great Britain and Ireland: From Pre-Grouping to the Present Day (1st ed.). Sparkford: Patrick Stephens Ltd. ISBN 1-8526-0086-1. OCLC 22311137.
- Jowett, Alan (2000). Jowett's Nationalised Railway Atlas (1st ed.). Penryn, Cornwall: Atlantic Transport Publishers. ISBN 0-9068-9999-0. OCLC 228266687.
- Aswarby and Scredington Station on navigable OS map
- Ordnance Survey (1891). England - Lincolnshire (Map). 1:10,560. County series. Epoch 1. http://www.british-history.ac.uk/mapsheet.aspx?compid=55127&sheetid=5029&ox=0&oy=0&zm=1&czm=10&x=259&y=123. ; Aswarby station on 1891 OS map.