|Key people||Eric Morgan (CEO)|
|Products||Enterprise work management software|
AtTask is a Lehi, Utah-based software company that develops web-based work management and project management software that features enterprise work management, issue tracking, document management time tracking and portfolio management. The company was founded in 2001 by Scott Johnson. Eric Morgan has served as AtTask CEO since 2011.
In 2001, entrepreneur Scott Johnson had an idea for a software package that would allow companies to better manage workflow and communication. After having a workable version of his software, he founded AtTask, along with Abe Knell, Jason Fletcher and Nate Bowler. In July 2001, AtTask released @task, a project management tool designed for businesses. The nascent company was boot-strapped and funded in part by a second mortgage Johnson took out on his home.
Johnson decided to completely rewrite the company's project management platform in 2003. The rewritten version of @task was finished and released in 2006. Joseph Cardenas joined AtTask’s board of directors in April 2007. Prior to joining AtTask, Cardenas served as a partner at Counterpoint Advisers and CIO of Salesforce.com.
In June 2007, AtTask received $7 million in funding from OpenView Venture Partners. The $7 million investment equaled more than twice AtTask's 2006 revenue. OpenView's investment was the first outside investment accepted by AtTask. OpenView invested an additional $6.5 million in December 2009.
In November 2012, AtTask raised $17 million in venture capital in a funding round led by Greenspring Associates. The company raised an additional $38 million in a January 2014 funding round led by JMI Equity. The 2014 funding round was their fourth included additional investment by Greenspring Associations. The company announced a 50% year over year subscription growth rate.
AtTask provides a software-as-a-service platform for enterprise workflow management, project and portfolio management, resource management and individual task management. AtTask's platform automates repeatable processes and allows users to manage financial information and create reports. The platform is used for task management and has tools for document management, workflows, reports, dashboards and approvals.
The AtTask Enterprise Work Cloud is a project management tool used to increase productivity and visibility. The platform is used by global enterprises such as Disney, Tommy Hilfiger, ATB Financial, and Trek Bicycle.
- Paul Beebe (2007-06-12). "Orem's AtTask gets $7M infusion". The Salt Lake Tribune.
- Tom Harvey (2012-11-02). "Utah's AtTask raises $17 million in new capital". The Salt Lake Tribune.
- "Top 10 Mobile Apps For Business Collaboration". CMP TechWeb. 2011-04-19.
- Jill Duffy (2013-04-08). "Interview: Eric Morgan of AtTask". PC Mag. Retrieved 2014-02-25.
- "AtTask prospering after a shaky start". Deseret Morning News. 2008-06-22.
- "Risky move helps bring success to Orem's AtTask". Deseret News. 2009-06-30.
- "AtTask, Inc. Releases Versatile Business Efficiency Tool". PR Newswire. 2001-07-09.
- "Movers & Shakers". VARBUSINESS. 2007-04-02.
- "AtTask Names New CEO". Entertainment Close-Up. 2011-09-06.
- Predrag Jakovljevic (2014-03-19). "AtTask—Enabling Enterprise Work Management in the Cloud". Technology Evaluation Centers. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- Darrin Sanders; Ibi Guevara; Jill Lewis. "AtTask Moves to Thanksgiving Park". Utah Facilities. Retrieved 2014-02-25.
- G. Jeffrey MacDonald (2012-05-14). "How Mormons - like Romney - cultivate business savvy early on". The Christian Science Monitor.
- Megan Julia. "AtTask Software Review: Overview & Features". Project Management. Retrieved 2014-02-25.
- Dylan Tweney. "AtTask pulls in $38M series D — bringing it one step closer to an exit". Venture Beat. Retrieved 2014-02-25.
- Ann Augustine. "AtTask Offers Social Collaboration with Project and Portfolio Management". About. Retrieved 2014-02-25.
- "As traditional PM software fails, a new movement takes shape". Business Reporter. 13 April 2014. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- Myers, Anthony (31 October 2013). "Social Business Tools, Talent Keep Workers on Task". CMS Wire. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- Gabriel, Anne (28 February 2014). "How SaaS-Based Project Management Helps ATB Automate Workflow". Bank Systems & Technology. Retrieved 19 July 2014.
- Stephanie Overby (2014-02-04). "Trek Bicycle Rides Project Management Tool to Efficiency". CIO. Retrieved 2014-07-31.