Atharva College of Engineering (ACE), Malad
|Atharva College of Engineering|
|Motto||Excellence in Education|
|Type||Education and Research Institution|
|Principal||Dr. S. P. Kallurkar|
|Undergraduates||480 (annual intake)|
|Location||Malad, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Affiliations||University of Mumbai, AICTE|
|Website||Atharva College of Engineering|
Atharva College of Engineering is an engineering college in Malad, a western suburb of Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Established in 1999, the college won the National Level Innovation Award twice for the Eweek 2009 and Eweek 2012 Championship.
Atharva College of Engineering was founded in 1999 at Borivali(W), Mumbai. It was located in a temporary building adjacent to MK college and in the premises of a junior school in Borivali. Later it moved onto its own campus in Charkop, Malad (West) in 2001.
Organization and administration
Sunil Rane is the Founder Secretary of Atharva Educational Trust and Executive President of Atharva Group of Institutes which runs the college. Gopinath Munde (Ex-Deputy Chief Minister Of Maharashtra) is the President of the Atharva Educational Trust. Dr. S. P. Kallurkar is the Principal.
- "Rhythm" is the college's annual festival, taking place in even semesters.
- "Techithon" is a festival targeting current technology, when games and seminars take place in Techithon. It takes place in Odd semesters. Each year Techithon has a theme.Rock Shows are a common during festivals.
- "Atharva cha raja" the annual Ganesh utsav is a part of the college's festivals.
- "E-Week" which hosted by Ember (The Entrepreneurship cell)
- "IEEE-360°" by IEEE Student Chapter. In 2012, Atharva won National level Nilima-Rovshen Innovation & Creativity award from NEN (National Entrepreneurship Network). In 2013, Atharva won National level Championship Runner up award from NEN.
As of 2013, four streams of engineering are taught:
- Computer Engineering
- Information Technology
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
The college has a cricket ground, volleyball court, basketball court, and gym.
Presentation rooms, seminar halls, auditorium, labs, and workshop are on the campus, with recreational rooms, swimming pool, game room.
This college is the only college in University of Mumbai to host a state-of-the-art Atharva Satellite Ground-Station developed and run by the students of the college under the support and guidance of the college management.
Organisations in the college include the "Student's Council", "Ember" (The Entrepreneurship cell), "Paradigm of Life", "CSI-Atharva Student's Chapter", "IEEE-Atharva Student's Chapter" and "NSS-Atharva Student's Chapter".
Atharva college of engineering was ranked 98th in the top 100 engineering institutes in India and 48 in private institutes of India by Times of India. IN 2014-15 survey by times group ace ranked at best 5th engineering college in Mumbai and ranked 48 in private engineering college
|Percentage||Classification / Division|
|70% and above||Distinction / Outstanding|
|60% and above but below 70%||First class|
|50% and above but below 60%||Second Class|
|40% and above but below 50%||Pass Class|
Admissions for ACE are based on JEE-MAINS exams