|Journal of Atherosclerosis Research (0368-1319)|
|Edited by||S. Humphries|
Elsevier Ireland Ltd for European Atherosclerosis Society (Ireland)
Atherosclerosis is a monthly, peer reviewed, scientific journal, which was established in 1970, and is published by Elsevier Ireland Ltd. It is the official journal of the European Atherosclerosis Society, and this journal is affiliated with both, the International Atherosclerosis Society and the Society of Atherosclerosis Imaging and Prevention. The Editor in Chief is S. Humphries (United Kingdom). According to Journal Citation Reports this journal has a 2012 impact factor of 3.706.
The focus of Atherosclerosis is all topics concerning research on atherosclerosis, its related diseases and its complications. Topical coverage encomapsses cardiovascular risk factors, lipoprotein metabolism, arterial biology, arterial disease, vascular biology, vascular disease, disorders of lipid transport, thrombosis, inflammation, atherosclerosis related diabetes, and atherosclerosis related hypertension.
Interest of this journal also includes clinical papers describing case studies, new or unusual lipid syndromes, the genetic basis of atherosclerosis (including related diseases), family incidence of atherosclerosis (including related diseases), and clinical trials (drug, diet).
Abstracting and indexing
- Chemical Abstracts Service - CASSI
- BIOSIS Previews
- Chemical Abstracts
- Current Contents/Clinical Medicine
- Current Contents/Life Sciences
- EMBASE/Excerpta Medica
- Elsevier BIOBASE
- Index Internacional de Cardiologia
- Pascal et Francis (INST-CNRS)
- Science Citation Index
- Sociedad Iberoamericana de Informacion Cientifica
- "CAS Source Index (CASSI)". Bibliographic information for Atherosclerosis. American Chemical Society - Chemical Abstracts Service. August 2013.
- "Home, Aims & Scope". Overview of journal. Elsevier B.V. August 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-26.
- "The European Atherosclerosis Society (EAS)". Society description of journal. August 2010. Archived from the original on 22 August 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-26.
- "Master Journal List search". Thomson Reuters. August 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-26.
- "Abstracting and Indexing". Elsevier B.V. August 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-26.