|Born||9 January 1988|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 8 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||64 kg (141 lb)|
Athina Tzavella (Greek: Αθηνά Τζαβέλλα; born January 9, 1988) is a retired Greek swimmer, who specialized in breaststroke and individual medley events. Tzavella won a bronze medal in the 200 m individual medley at the 2003 European Junior Swimming Championships in Glasgow, Scotland with a time of 2:16.35, 0.11 of a second behind her teammate Vasiliki Angelopoulou. Having reached a B-standard entry time by FINA, Tzavella earned a spot on the Greek team for the Olympics.
Tzavella represented the host nation Greece, as a 16-year-old, at the 2004 Summer Olympics in Athens, where she qualified for two swimming events. In the 200 m individual medley, Tzavella challenged seven other swimmers, including U.S. swimmer and three-time Olympian Amanda Beard on the third heat of the morning's preliminaries. She finished only in seventh place for her heat and twenty-third overall by less than 0.22 of a second behind Malaysia's Siow Yi Ting with a time of 2:20.30. In her second event, 200 m breaststroke, Tzavella recorded a slowest time of 2:40.18 on the same heat, finishing thirty-first overall in the preliminaries.
- "Athina Tzavella". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Retrieved 25 March 2013.
- "Britain and Russia Dominate, but Cseh Wins Fourth Gold as Euro Juniors End". Swimming World Magazine. 3 August 2003. Retrieved 25 March 2013.
- "Swimming – Women's 200m Individual Medley Startlist (Heat 3)" (PDF). Athens 2004. Omega Timing. Retrieved 26 March 2013.
- "Women's 200m Individual Medley Heat 3". Athens 2004. BBC Sport. 16 August 2004. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "Women's 200m Breaststroke Heat 3". Athens 2004. BBC Sport. 19 August 2004. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
|This biographical article related to a Greek swimmer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|