Athletics at the 2000 Summer Paralympics
at the XI Paralympic Games
- Classes 11-13: visually impaired athletes
- Class 20: intellectually disabled athletes
- Classes 32-38: athletes with cerebral palsy; classes 32 to 34 competed while in wheelchairs
- Classes 42-46: amputees and those with other disabilities (les autres)
- Classes 51-58: athletes with spinal cord disabilities; these classes competed while in wheelchairs
Class numbers were preceded by a "T" for track events, an "F" for field events, and a "P" for the pentathlon. Lower class numbers corresponded to more severe disability. An exception to this classification scheme arose for athletes with severe cerebal palsy competing in field events; there were no F32 events, so athletes from this category instead competed in class F51 against athletes with spinal cord disabilities.
- "Athlete Classification and Disability Categories". CNN Sports Illustrated. 2000-10-05. Archived from the original on 14 September 2008. Retrieved 2008-08-06.
- Athletics at the 2000 Sydney Paralympics on paralympic.org