Athol Park, South Australia
Adelaide, South Australia
Shops on Hanson Road, Athol Park
|Population||1,307 (2006 Census)
1,344 (2001 Census)
|Location||9.2 km (6 mi) NW of Adelaide city centre|
|LGA(s)||City of Charles Sturt|
|State/territory electorate(s)||Cheltenham (2011)|
|Federal Division(s)||Port Adelaide (2011)|
The suburb lies at the western end of Grand Junction Road, which also forms its northern boundary. It is bordered to the east by Hanson Road, to the west by Glenroy Street, to the east by Hanson Rd, with Hamilton Road forming the bulk of its southern boundary.
The southern portion of Athol Park is residential with a light industrial area in the north.
The suburb is home to a large number of Housing Trust homes. In the 1990s, plans were made for the Westwood Urban Renewal project, of which Ferryden Park, Angle Park, Woodville Gardens, and Mansfield Park were also a part. This involved replacing the Housing Trust homes with either private housing or a new townhouse-style housing trust homes.
The age distribution of Athol Park residents is similar to that of the greater Australian population. 63.8% of residents were over 25 years in 2006, compared to the Australian average of 66.5%; and 36.2% were younger than 25 years, compared to the Australian average of 33.5%.
Local government 
State and federal 
Athol Park lies in the state electoral district of Cheltenham and the federal electoral division of Port Adelaide. The suburb is represented in the South Australian House of Assembly by Jay Weatherill and federally by Mark Butler.
Facilities and attractions 
Shopping and dining 
There are shops on Hanson Road.
Fawks Reserve is located on Hanson Road. There is also greenspace between Ely and Gateshead streets.
Public transport 
The suburb is serviced by the following bus routes:
- 253, 254, N254
See also 
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Athol Park, South Australia|
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Athol Park (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 1 June 2011.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (9 March 2006). "Athol Park (State Suburb)". 2001 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 1 June 2011.
- "Athol Park, South Australia (Adelaide)". Postcodes-Australia. Postcodes-Australia.com. Retrieved 1 June 2011.
- "City of Charles Sturt Wards and Council Members". City of Charles Sturt. Retrieved 1 June 2011.
- "Electoral Districts - Electoral District for the 2010 Election". Electoral Commission SA. Retrieved 1 June 2011.
- "Find my electorate: Adelaide". Australian Electoral Commission. Retrieved 1 June 2011.
- Adelaide and surrounds street directory (47th ed.). UBD. 2009. ISBN 978-0-7319-2336-6.
- "Public Transport in Adelaide". Adelaide Metro official website. Dept. for Transport, Energy and Infrastructure, Public Transport Division. Archived from the original on 26 April 2011. Retrieved 28 May 2011.
- "City of Charles Sturt". Official website. City of Charles Sturt. Archived from the original on 4 June 2011. Retrieved 28 May 2011.