Harris in 2012
|Date of birth||January 9, 1985|
|Place of birth||Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Playing position||Winger, forward|
|2004–2006||St. Peters FC|
|2003–2004||→ Linares (loan)||?||(?)|
|2006–2007||Real Salt Lake||43||(4)|
|2011–2012||Vancouver Whitecaps FC||12||(2)|
|2014||San Jose Earthquakes||24||(4)|
|2003–||Saint Kitts and Nevis||51||(14)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of April 27, 2015.
† Appearances (Goals).
Atiba Harris (born January 9, 1985) is a Kittitian professional footballer who currently plays for FC Dallas in Major League Soccer. He is the first cousin of Manchester City footballer Micah Richards.
Harris played for St. Peters FC as a youngster, captaining them to the SKNFA Premier League Finals, and became the first player from St. Kitts to sign with a Spanish club when he signed in Spain with Cádiz in 2004-05. In 2006, he became the first St. Kitts player to sign with Major League Soccer. He signed with Salt Lake and scored 4 goals and recorded 1 assist in 12 starts.
In December 2007, Harris was traded to Chivas USA for a 3rd round pick in the 2008 SuperDraft. After a season and a half with Chivas USA, the Goats traded Harris in July 2009 to FC Dallas in exchange for Marcelo Saragosa. Harris ended his Chivas USA career with 42 appearances, 5 goals, and 7 assists.
On September 12, 2009, in a match against Los Angeles Galaxy, Harris scored his first goal with FC Dallas off a Dax McCarty cross. He went on to score another goal vs Seattle finishing the season with two goals and five assists for FC Dallas and four goals and seven assists overall for the 2009 MLS season. Harris was a key player for Dallas in 2010 scoring four goals during the season and helping the club reach its first MLS Cup final.
He was selected by the Vancouver Whitecaps FC in the 2011 MLS Expansion Draft. Harris suffered an injury and missed most of the 2011 season. He stayed with Vancouver throughout the 2012 season before being traded to Colorado Rapids in December 2012 in exchange for an international roster spot.
Harris has played for the Saint Kitts and Nevis national team since 2003. He played in five of St. Kitts' 2006 FIFA World Cup qualifying games, and in its 2010 FIFA World Cup qualifying game against Belize on February 6, 2008.
- FC Dallas
- "Summer tour: Micah meets Whitecaps cousin - Manchester City FC". Mcfc.co.uk. July 18, 2011. Retrieved November 6, 2011.
- "Chivas USA acquires Harris from RSL". ESPNFC.com. Retrieved November 4, 2014.
- "Sports - Chivas USA acquires Saragosa in trade - Seattle Times Newspaper". Retrieved November 4, 2014.
- "Prost Amerika". Prost Amerika. November 24, 2010. Retrieved November 6, 2011.
- "Rapids acquire Atiba Harris in trade with Vancouver". Colorado Rapids. Retrieved November 4, 2014.
- "San Jose Earthquakes deal Marvin Chavez to Colorado Rapids for Atiba Harris". MLSsoccer.com. Retrieved October 2, 2014.
- "San Jose Earthquakes, Houston Dynamo each grab two players in Stage 2 of Re-Entry Draft". MLSsoccer.com.
- "FIFA Match Report: Belize vs. Saint Kitts and Nevis". Fifa.com. February 7, 2008. Retrieved November 6, 2011.
- "Earthquakes acquire Atiba Harris from Rapids". San Jose Earthquakes.