He worked as a Professor of Political Science at the Latin American Social Sciences Institute and at the University of Buenos Aires. He also served as Secretary General of CLACSO, an academic umbrella body for Latin America. In 2005, he signed the World Social Forum's Porto Alegre Manifesto.
At the Transnational Institute, he serves as Director of the Latin American Programme of Distance Education for Buenos Aires, Argentina, and a collaborator of the New Politics project. He also serves as director of the Center for European and Latin American Research in Buenos Aires. He also writes a column in a national Argentinian newspaper.
He has called the United States a "terrorist threat to world peace". He has also been critical of Israel. He has voiced his disapproval of the American handling of Julian Assange. Boron has also accused Barack Obama of ordering the murder of Muammar Gaddafi.
In 2009 he received the International José Martí Prize from UNESCO for his contribution to integration of Latin American and Caribbean countries
He blogs at http://www.atilioboron.com.ar/
- The Right and Democracy in Latin America (co-edited with Douglas A Chalmers and Maria Do Carmo Campello de Souza, 1992)
- State, Capitalism, and Democracy in Latin America (1995)
- Peronismo y Menemismo: Avatares del Populismo En La Argentina (1995)
- Tiempos Violentos: Neoliberalismo, Globalizacion y Desigualdad En America Latina (1999)
- Tras El Buho de Minerva: Mercado Contra Democracia En El Capitalismo de Fin de Siglo (2000)
- The Clasicos En El Debate Latinoamericano (2002)
- Estado, Capitalismo y Democracia En America Latina (2004)
- Nueva Hegemonia Mundial: Alternativas de Cambio y Movimientos Sociales (2004)
- Las Reformas Educativas En Los Paises del Cono Sur (2005)
- Empire and Imperialism: A Critical Reading of Michael Hardt and Antonio Negri (2005)
- Que Hacer? (2005)
- La Teoria Marxista Hoy: Problemas y Perspectivas (2006)
- Politica y Movimientos Sociales En Un Mundo Hegemonico (with Gladys Lechini, 2006)
- Reflexiones Sobre El Poder, El Estado y La Revolucion (2007)
- Socialismo Siglo XXI: Hay Vida Despues del Neoliberalismo? (2008)
- América Latina en la Geopolítica del Imperialismo (2012)
- The Guardian webpage
- Luis Fleishman, The Gaza Crisis and the Intellectual Left in Latin America: A Dark Picture, The Americas Report: Center for Security Policy, December 6, 2012
- Transnational Institute
- Atilio Boron, How South America sees the Julian Assange case, The Guardian, 20 August 2012
- Boron, Atilio. "Preparando la agresión militar a Venezuela". Retrieved 10 March 2015.