Atlético de Rafaela
|Full name||Asociación Mutual Social y
Deportiva Atlético de Rafaela
|Nickname(s)||"La Crema", "Los Celestes de barrio Alberdi"|
|Founded||13 January 1907|
|Ground||Estadio Nuevo Monumental
Rafaela, Santa Fe Province
|Website||Club home page|
Asociación Mutual Social y Deportiva Atlético de Rafaela (locally: [asosjaˈsjon muˈtwal soˈsjal i deporˈtiβa aˈtletiko ðe rafaˈela]; usually known simply as Atlético de Rafaela) is a social club from the city of Rafaela, in Santa Fe Province. The club is mostly known for its football team, which currently plays in the Argentine first division.
Under the name Club Atlético Argentino de Rafaela, the club was founded in the city of Rafaela, Santa Fe Province in 1907 . In 1915 the name was changed to Club Atlético de Rafaela. The Monumental de Barrio Alberdi concrete stadium was erected in 1951.
The club was turned into a non-profit organization in 1988, and renamed Asociación Mutual Social y Deportiva Atlético de Rafaela ("Social and Sport Association Rafaela Athletic"). Only a year later Rafaela reached the second division after defeating Atlético Ledesma by 3-0.
Atlético de Rafaela played 14 years in the second division until the team won the Apertura 2002 and the Clausura 2003 to finally reach first division. After losing the promoción against Huracán de Tres Arroyos, Atlético de Rafaela was relegated to the second division again.
In 2009 Rafaela earned another chance to return to the Primera División via a playoff against Gimnasia y Esgrima de La Plata. After winning the first final 3-0, Rafaela lost the second match by the same score (0-3), and had to stay in the second division once again.
Atlético de Rafaela fans are referred as Cremosos or Celestes, as well as the group of people that follows the team everywhere is known as La Barra de los Trapos .
Current squad of Atlético de Rafaela as of September 8, 2014 (
Sources: Argentine Football Database
Manager: Roberto Sensini
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (July 2012)|
To appear in this section a player must have either played at least 50 games for the club, set a club record or played for their national team.
- 1988-89 
- Copa Ciudad de Rosario: 1
- Copa Centenario Patronato de Paraná: 1
- Most games with the club in the Primera División Argentina, with 35 games.
- Top goalscorer of the Primera B Nacional 2010-2011 season, with 21 goals.
- Homero Ingaramo, Atlético de Rafaela's new chairman.
- Season 2010-2011 is over.
- Another one has slowed down the pace.
- Rafaela paid expensive his mistakes.
- Burruchaga ends his cycle in Atlético de Rafaela
- It is finally official
- Torneo del Interior 1988-1989
- Pagina 12 - Atlético de Rafaela, champion.
- AFA - Atlético de Rafaela is the new champion of Primera B Nacional.
- Rafaela won Rosario City Cup 2012.
- Patronato celebrated its centenary but Rafaela won the cup.