Macquarie Infrastructure Company
|Traded as||NYSE: MIC|
Bulk Liquid Storage
Oil and gas
|Headquarters||New York, New York, USA|
|Revenue||US$1.03 billion (FY 2012)|
|Operating income||US$29.5 million (FY 2012)|
|Net income||US$13.3 million (FY 2012)|
|Total assets||US$2.22 billion (FY 2012)|
|Total equity||US$655.0 million (FY 2012)|
|Footnotes / references
Macquarie Infrastructure Company LLC owns, operates and invests in a diversified group of infrastructure businesses. Macquarie Infrastructure Company's business consists of the largest network of fixed-base operations in the United States, 50 percent of the owner of the largest bulk storage terminal business in the US, a gas production and distribution business, and a controlling interest in two district energy businesses. The company is headquartered in New York City.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company took its name from Macquarie Bank, which took its name from Lachlan Macquarie, who was Governor of New South Wales. One of his achievements includes the establishment of Australia's first bank and introduction of its first domestic coinage in 1813, the Holey dollar. Macquarie's logo is a stylized version of Holey dollar coin.
- On December 16, 2004 Macquarie Infrastructure Company went public.
- On January 11, 2006 the AvPorts division was merged into the Atlantic division.
- On January 1 2009, AvPorts was sold to Aviation Facilities Company, Inc. (AFCO).
- On January 28, 2010 Macquarie Infrastructure Company announced that its airport parking business, Parking Corporation of America Airports (PCAA), had entered into an asset purchase agreement with Bainbridge ZKS - Corinthian Holdings, LLC. The company had earlier filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy.
- Atlantic Aviation
- Hawai'i Gas
- International-Matex Tank Terminals (IMTT)
- Northwind Aladdin
- Thermal Chicago
Atlantic Aviation, is a wholly owned and operated subsidiary of Macquarie Infrastructure Company. It is an aviation services company that operates a chain of Fixed-Base Operator facilities across the United States. It is headquartered in Plano, Texas.
- 6N5 – New York City, NY – Atlantic Metro Port
- ABQ – Albuquerque, NM – Albuquerque International Sunport
- ADS – Addison, TX – Addison Airport
- ASE – Aspen, CO – Aspen Pitkin County Airport
- AUS – Austin, TX – Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
- BDR – Stratford, CT – Sikorsky Memorial Airport
- BFL – Bakersfield, CA – Kern County Airport / William H. Thomas Terminal
- BHM – Birmingham, AL – Birmingham International Airport
- BNA – Nashville, TN – Nashville International Airport
- BUR – Burbank, CA – Bob Hope Airport
- CHS – North Charleston, SC – Charleston International Airport
- CLE – Cleveland, OH – Cleveland Hopkins International Airport
- CPR – Casper, WY – Natrona County International Airport
- CRP – Corpus Christi, TX – Corpus Christi International Airport
- DVT – Phoenix, AZ – Deer Valley Municipal Airport
- ELM – Horseheads, NY – Elmira/Corning Regional Airport
- ELP – El Paso, TX – El Paso International Airport
- EUG – Eugene, OR – Mahlon Sweet Field
- FMN – Farmington, NM – Four Corners Regional Airport
- FRG – Farmingdale, NY – Republic Airport
- FWA – Ft. Wayne, IN – Fort Wayne International Airport
- HFD – Hartford, CT – Hartford-Brainard Airport
- HOU – Houston, TX – William P. Hobby Airport
- IAH – Houston, TX – George Bush Intercontinental Airport
- ILG – New Castle, DE – New Castle County Airport
- JAN – Jackson, MS – Jackson-Evers International Airport
- JZI – Johns Island, SC – Charleston Executive Airport
- LAS – Las Vegas, NV – McCarran International Airport
- LAX – Los Angeles, CA – Los Angeles International Airport
- MDW – Chicago, IL – Chicago Midway Airport
- MHR – Mather, CA – Sacramento Mather Airport
- MSY – Kenner, LA – Louis Armstrong International Airport
- OKC – Oklahoma City, OK – Will Rogers World Airport
- ONT – Ontario, CA – Ontario International Airport
- PDK – Atlanta, GA – Dekalb-Peachtree Airport
- PDX – Portland, OR – Portland International Airport
- PHF – Newport News, VA – Williamsburg International Airport
- PHL – Philadelphia, PA – Philadelphia International Airport
- PIT – Moon Township, PA – Pittsburgh International Airport
- PNE – Philadelphia, PA – Northeast Philadelphia Airport
- PSP – Palm Springs, CA – Palm Springs International Airport
- PWA – Bethany, OK – Wiley Post Airport
- PWK – Wheeling, IL – Chicago Executive Airport
- RIL – Rifle, CO – Garfield County Airport
- RNO – Reno, NV – Reno-Tahoe International Airport
- SBA – Goleta, CA – Santa Barbara Municipal Airport
- SBN – South Bend, IN – South Bend Regional Airport
- SCK – Stockton, CA – Stockton Metropolitan Airport
- SDF – Louisville, KY – Louisville International Airport
- SJC – San Jose, CA – Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport
- SKF – San Antonio, TX – Lackland Air Force Base / Kelly Field Annex
- SMO – Santa Monica, CA – Santa Monica Airport
- SNA – Santa Ana, CA – John Wayne Airport
- SUN – Hailey, ID – Friedman Memorial Airport
- SWF – New Windsor, NY – Stewart International Airport
- TEB – Teterboro, NJ – Teterboro Airport
- TUL – Tulsa, OK – Tulsa International Airport
- TUS – Tucson, AZ – Tucson International Airport
- UES – Waukesha, WI – Waukesha County Airport
Hawai'i Gas, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Macquarie Infrastructure Company, founded in 1904. It is the sole franchised gas utility provider in the state of Hawaii. The company provides synthetic natural gas, and propane, and is working on providing Liquid Natural Gas (LNG) to 70,000 customers in Hawaii. The company recently underwent a rebranding, changing its name from The Gas Company to Hawai'i Gas, to reflect its position on changing Hawaii's energy future.
International-Matex Tank Terminals
International-Matex Tank Terminals (IMTT), founded in 1939, and based in New Orleans, Louisiana, is the owner of the largest bulk storage terminal businesses in the United States. It stores and handles petroleum products, vegetable and tropical oils, renewable fuels, and various chemicals. The company also provides support services, such as design, procurement, and construction management of retrofit and grassroots facilities in petrochemical and chemical storage facilities; inventory management; tank leasing; packaging; and heating, blending, and product services. In addition, IMTT offers intra-company rail service flexible blending and transfer, customer waterfront, economical heating, petroleum reserve, and drum filling services. The company is operated as a subsidiary of Macquarie Infrastructure Group, which owns a 50 percent stake.
Storage Terminal Locations
- Richmond, CA
- Joliet, IL
- Lemont, IL
- Avondale, LA
- Geismar, LA
- Gretna, LA
- St. Rose, LA
- Bayonne, NJ
- Chesapeake, VA
- Richmond, VA
- Quebec, Canada
- Placentia Bay, Newfoundland
Northwind Aladdin is a utility company headquartered in Las Vegas, Nevada. The company provides hot and cold water, as well as backup electricity services. Macquarie holds a 37.5 percent stake in the company.
Thermal Chicago is a subsidiary of Macquarie Investment Company, founded in 1995. It is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, and owns and operates the world’s largest interconnected district cooling system, currently serving about 100 buildings in downtown Chicago. The core product offered by Thermal Chicago is chilled water. The water is purchased by its various downtown Chicago customers and is used for air conditioning in large condominium, commercial and industrial facilities. Macquarie owns a 50.01 percent stake in the company.
- "Macquarie Infrastructure Company LLC (MIC)". Yahoo! Finance.
- "Our History". Macquarie Group.
- "Macquarie Group (U.S.)". Vault.com.
- "Macquarie Infrastructure Company Completes Sale of Airport Management Contracts". The Free Library.com.
- "Macquarie Infrastructure Company’s Airport Parking Business". Bloomberg.com.
- "About Us". Atlantic Aviation. Retrieved December 19, 2011.
- "Complete Location List". Atlantic Aviation. Retrieved July 29, 2012.
- "About Us". Hawai'i Gas.
- "About IMTT". International-Matex Tank Terminals.
- "Company Overview of International-Matex Tank Terminals, Inc.". Bloomberg Business Week.
- "Aladdin utility company files for Chap. 11". Las Vegas Sun.
- "MIRA credentials - Macquarie - Macquarie Infrastructure Company". Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets.
- "About Thermal Chicago". Thermal Chicago.
- Macquarie Infrastructure Company web page
- Atlantic Aviation web page
- Hawai'i Gas web page
- International-Matex Tank Terminals web page
- Thermal Chicago web page