Atlantic Superstore Festival of Lights
- See Also, Festival of Lights
The Atlantic Superstore Festival of Lights is an annual summer holiday festival that takes place at the Charlottetown waterfront, Prince Edward Island, Canada. It is billed as the largest Canada Day celebration east of Ottawa. The festival usually lasts three days and was started in the mid-1990s as an official kick off to the tourism season.
During the daytime there are lots of family oriented events, such as carnival midway. In the evenings there are concerts featuring two or three popular rock bands performing each night. Examples of past acts are Nickleback and Three Doors Down. On the final night of the festival there is a large fireworks display, usually involving other aspects like a laser show.
In 2008, the festival took place from June 28–July 1 and will feature famed groups such as State of Shock, The Trews, Billy Talent, Hinder, Collective Soul, The Tragically Hip and Our Lady Peace. The concert featured Our Lady Peace's first concert performance since 2006.
The 2009 Festival of Lights takes place June 27 to July 4, and will include 2 concert series to be announced in early May.
Past Line-ups include:
- 2002 Irish Descendants, Ennis Sisters, Crush, Jann Arden, Tom Cochrane
- 2003 Jimmy Rankin, Kim Mitchell, David Usher, Blue Rodeo, Crush, Default, Nickelback
- 2004 April Wine, Hootie & the Blowfish, The Trews, Sam Roberts, Shaye, Live
- 2005 The Trews, Finger Eleven, Lifehouse, Staind,No Address, Breaking Benjamin, Three Doors Down
- 2006 Matt Mays & El Torpedo, Sam Roberts, The Tragically Hip, Hedley, Theory of a Deadman, Three Days Grace
- 2007 Default, Buckcherry, Finger Eleven, Hedley, Staind, Nickelback
- 2008 State of Shock, The Trews, Billy Talent, Matt Mays & El Torpedo, Hinder, Our Lady Peace, Collective Soul, The Tragically Hip
|This Prince Edward Island-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This festival-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|