The Atlantis Condominium is a landmark 20-story luxury condominium building in Miami, Florida. It was built between 1980–1982, and was designed by the architectural firm Arquitectonica. The building is known for its glass facade and primary color scheme and the 5-story palm court which is cut out of the building. The palm court features a red spiral staircase, a jacuzzi, and a palm tree. The Atlantis's claim to fame was when it was featured on the opening credits of the television series "Miami Vice", where it was featured as a set. The building has 96 units and is located at 2025 Brickell Avenue. This building is an icon to the Miami skyline. On April 18, 2012, the AIA's Florida Chapter placed Atlantis on its list of Florida Architecture: 100 Years. 100 Places.
- Featured in the opening credits of Miami Vice, the building achieved national fame where it was featured as a set.
- The building is also featured as a landmark building in the game Sim City 3000 by Maxis.
- It was also featured briefly in Scarface for exterior shots of where Frank Lopez (Robert Loggia) lived (interior shots were done elsewhere).
- It was also featured on the Telemundo soap opera, "Marielena", which starred Lucía Méndez and Eduardo Yáñez.
• Check out all the information here: http://streeteasy.com/florida/building/atlantis-on-brickell
|This article about a building or structure in Florida is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|