Atlas Shrugged: Part III
|Atlas Shrugged Part III: Who Is John Galt?|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||J. James Manera|
|Produced by||Harmon Kaslow
|Screenplay by||J. James Manera
|Based on||Atlas Shrugged
by Ayn Rand
Joaquim de Almeida
|Music by||Elia Cmiral|
|Edited by||Tony Ciccone|
|Distributed by||Atlas Distribution Company|
Atlas Shrugged Part III: Who Is John Galt? is a 2014 American science fiction drama film based on Ayn Rand's novel Atlas Shrugged. It is the third installment in the Atlas Shrugged film series and the sequel to the 2012 film Atlas Shrugged: Part II, continuing the story where its predecessor left off. The release, originally set for July 4, 2014, occurred on September 12, 2014.
- Laura Regan as Dagny Taggart
- Kristoffer Polaha as John Galt
- Joaquim de Almeida as Francisco d'Anconia
- Eric Allan Kramer as Ragnar Danneskjöld
- Rob Morrow as Henry "Hank" Rearden.
- Larry Cedar as Dr. Floyd Ferris 
- Greg Germann as James Taggart
- Jen Nikolaisen as Cherryl Taggart (née Brooks)
- Louis Herthum as Wesley Mouch
- Dominic Daniel as Eddie Willers
- Ron Paul, Glenn Beck, and Sean Hannity (cameos) as themselves
In an interview with Bill Frezza of Forbes, the producer John Aglialoro mentioned that the film would include a short dialogue between the heroine Dagny Taggart and a priest, a character which he said Rand struggled with and ultimately cut out of the original book. This scene did not appear in the final cut.
A month prior to the release of Part I, Aglialoro suggested that Part III might be made into a musical. In 2013 he promised to create "something closer to the book," and predicted that critics would pan the film. In a YouTube promotional piece where organizers discussed the film, he asserted that it was vital for the team to have a director who is professional, collaborative, and knows Rand's work: "I don't care if I've got to fire five directors — that's fine. We're going to get it right."
The film was directed by J. James Manera, whose experience included directing a documentary in 2010 and a 1996 episode of the television show Nash Bridges. The cinematographer was Gale Tattersall.
On June 19, 2014, it was announced that Ron Paul, Glenn Beck, and Sean Hannity had been cast in the film, giving responses to John Galt's speech. As with the second part, the actors playing the major characters were again replaced.
On July 9, 2014, a sneak preview was shown at Anthem Film Festival in Las Vegas, Nevada.
The film was widely panned by critics; the film holds a 0% at review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, based on 10 reviews for an average rating of 1.4/10. On Metacritic, the film has a 9/100 rating based on 7 critics, indicating "overwhelming dislike".
- Bond, Paul (January 22, 2014). "'Atlas Shrugged: Who Is John Galt?' Starts Production With New Cast (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 3, 2014.
- "Atlas Shrugged Part III: Who is John Galt?". The Numbers. Retrieved October 19, 2014.
- "Rand Fans Rejoice: 'Shrugged' Sequel on Blu-ray in Spring, 'Part III' July 4, 2014". Breitbart. October 22, 2012. Retrieved February 3, 2013.
- "Atlas Shrugged Producer Shares Insights And A Surprise That Awaits In Atlas III". Forbes. February 6, 2013. Retrieved February 15, 2013.
- "TheDC Exclusive: Producer of 'Atlas Shrugged' movie says part three of trilogy could be a musical". Daily Caller. March 3, 2011. Retrieved February 17, 2013.
- "Ayn Rand's 'Atlas' shrugs for third time". Politico. March 12, 2013. Retrieved March 17, 2013.
- "YouTube promo". March 26, 2013. Retrieved June 6, 2013.
- "James Manera - IMDb". Retrieved February 14, 2014.
- "Atlas Shrugged Part 3 Greenlit; Photography Begins Fall 2013". The Atlas Society. March 26, 2013. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- VanDerWerff, Todd (June 19, 2014). "Conclusion of Atlas Shrugged trilogy pulls out the big guns, casts Ron Paul". The A.V. Club. Retrieved June 20, 2014.
- IMDB:title=Atlas Shrugged III: Who is John Galt:url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2800038/.
- "Atlas Shrugged Part 3 Heads Into Production (Press Release)". Los Angeles, CA: PRWeb. March 26, 2013. Archived from the original on March 27, 2013. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- DeSapio, Scott. "ATLAS SHRUGGED Movie "Who is John Galt?"". Kickstarter. Kickstarter, Inc. Retrieved 20 May 2014.
- Schedule of events, Anthem Film Festival, 2014
- "Atlas Shrugged Part III: Who is John Galt?". Movie Mojo. Retrieved September 21, 2014.
- "Atlas Shrugged: Who is John Galt - Rotten Tomatoes". Retrieved September 24, 2014.
- "Atlas Shrugged: Part III - Who Is John Galt?". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved September 24, 2014.
- Official website
- Atlas Shrugged: Part III - Who Is John Galt? at the Internet Movie Database
- Atlas Shrugged: Part III - Who Is John Galt? at Box Office Mojo
- Atlas Shrugged: Part III - Who Is John Galt? at Rotten Tomatoes
- Atlas Shrugged: Part III - Who Is John Galt? at Metacritic