Atlas Shrugged: Part III
|Atlas Shrugged: Part III|
|Directed by||J. James Manera|
|Produced by||Harmon Kaslow
|Screenplay by||J.James Manera
|Based on||Atlas Shrugged
by Ayn Rand
|Distributed by||Atlas Distribution Company|
Atlas Shrugged: Part III is an upcoming film based on the novel Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. It is a sequel to the 2012 film Atlas Shrugged: Part II, continuing the story where its predecessor left off. It was announced on the film's Facebook page on February 2, 2013 with principal photography to start in Autumn 2013, but the trade press reported that shooting began in January 2014. The release date for part III of the series, originally set for July 4, 2014, is now set for September 12th 2014. The promotional budget for the film was partially funded by a Kickstarter campaign which raised $446,907 against a goal of $250,000. The campaign closed on Oct 23, 2013.
In an interview with Bill Frezza of Forbes, the producer John Aglialoro mentioned that the film would include a short dialogue between the heroine Dagny Taggart and a priest, a character which he said Rand struggled with and ultimately cut out of the original book.
A month before the release of Part I, Aglialoro suggested that Part III might be made into a musical. In 2013 he promised to create "something closer to the book," and predicted that critics would pan the film. In a YouTube promotional piece where organizers discussed the film, he asserted that it was vital for the team to have a director who is professional, collaborative, and knows Rand's work: "I don't care if I've got to fire five directors — that's fine. We're going to get it right."
The film will be directed by James Manera, whose experience includes directing a documentary in 2010 and an episode of the television show Nash Bridges. The cinematographer will be Gale Tattersal.
On July 9, 2014 a sneak preview of the film was shown at Anthem Film Festival in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Kristoffer Polaha as John Galt
- Laura Regan as Dagny Taggart
- Joaquim de Almeida as Francisco d'Anconia
- Eric Allan Kramer as Ragnar Danneskjöld
- Rob Morrow as Hank Rearden.
- Larry Cedar as Dr. Floyd Ferris 
- Bond, Paul (January 22, 2014). "'Atlas Shrugged: Who Is John Galt?' Starts Production With New Cast (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 3, 2014.
- "Atlas Shrugged Part 3 Heads Into Production (Press Release)". Los Angeles, CA: PRWeb. March 26, 2013. Archived from the original on March 27, 2013. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- "Rand Fans Rejoice: 'Shrugged' Sequel on Blu-ray in Spring, 'Part III' July 4, 2014". Breitbart. October 22, 2012. Retrieved February 3, 2013.
- DeSapio, Scott. "ATLAS SHRUGGED Movie "Who is John Galt?"". Kickstarter. Kickstarter, Inc. Retrieved 20 May 2014.
- "Atlas Shrugged Producer Shares Insights And A Surprise That Awaits In Atlas III". Forbes. February 6, 2013. Retrieved February 15, 2013.
- "TheDC Exclusive: Producer of 'Atlas Shrugged' movie says part three of trilogy could be a musical". Daily Caller. March 3, 2011. Retrieved February 17, 2013.
- "Ayn Rand's 'Atlas' shrugs for third time". Politico. March 12, 2013. Retrieved March 17, 2013.
- "YouTube promo". March 26, 2013. Retrieved June 6, 2013.
- "Atlas Shrugged Part 3 Greenlit; Photography Begins Fall 2013". The Atlas Society. March 26, 2013. Retrieved March 27, 2013.
- "James Manera - IMDb". Retrieved February 14, 2014.
- VanDerWerff, Todd (June 19, 2014). "Conclusion of Atlas Shrugged trilogy pulls out the big guns, casts Ron Paul". The A.V. Club. Retrieved June 20, 2014.
- Schedule of events, Anthem Film Festival, 2014
|This article about a 2010s thriller film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|