Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College
|Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College|
|Principal||Dr. Gyantosh Kumar Jha|
|Location||South Campus, Dhaula Kuan, Delhi|
|Affiliations||University of Delhi|
Atma Ram Sanatan Dharma College (ARSD College), formerly Sanatan Dharma College, is a co-educational constituent college of the University of Delhi. The college was founded on August 3, 1959 by the Sanatan Dharma Sabha, Delhi. Late Shri Atma Ram Chadha, a well-known philanthropist, took over as chairman of the college governing body in 1967. The current chairman is Shri Pawan Jaggi.
The colety helps students learn the art of debating and speaking their mind fearlessly. In the recently published annual report, The Debaters talk about its agenda to bud visionary leaders.
Its dramatics society, Rangayan, has performed many plays and dramas. Their most recent work was the play Dilli Chalo by Utpal Dutta. College holds tremendous alumni record of several IAS officers, Army officers. Ajay Makan, Maj Vikram Singh, Col Ashutosh Raghav are a few to mention. TV actors Raghu, Suchit Vikram Singh also are alumni of the college. In the business world Vipin Mahajan of the Bhadra-TDI group and Ruchi Nayyar of Reliance are a few names.
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A)
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)
- Master of Arts (M.A)
- Master of Commerce (M.Com)
- "Atma Ram Sanatan Dharam College". University of Delhi. Retrieved 2014-08-15.
- "One DU college where new session is still to begin". Indian Express. July 27, 2011. Retrieved 31 August 2014.
- "Atma Ram Sanatan Dharam College - University of Delhi". du.ac.in. Retrieved 31 August 2014.
|This Indian university, college or other educational institution-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|