||This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (December 2012)|
The natural Atmakaraka is the Sun in all natal charts. The personal Atmakaraka is the Chara Atmakaraka. Chara in Sanskrit means 'movable', and one of eight planets (Sun, Moon, Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Saturn, or Rahu) can be the Chara Atmakaraka, depending on its degree in the natal chart. The planet that has the highest degree is considered the Chara Atmakaraka.
In Jaimini Astrology following karakas exist:
- Atmakaraka (Own self, considered the strongest planet)
- Amatyakaraka (Career)
- Bhratrukaraka (Brothers and sisters)
- Matrukaraka (Mother)
- Putrakaraka (Children)
- Gnatikaraka (Cousins and relations)
- Darakaraka (Husband, wife)
Some experts give an 8th karaka; however, most only use 7 karakas. In Jaimini Astrology these karakas are identified from the descending order of degree.The planet with highest degree, minutes and seconds will be Atmakaraka, next planet with lesser degree will be Amatyakarka and so on.
- The Essentials of Vedic Astrology, by Komilla Sutton, The Wessex Astrologer Ltd, England.
|This astrology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|