- See also Atmakur, Kurnool district or Atmakur, Warangal district
Atmakur is a municipality of Nellore district, Andhra Pradesh, India. It is the headquarters of Atmakur mandal.
Atmakur has a rich heritage and culture. During the 16th century, it was under the rule of Vijayanagara Empire. Since then, it has been under the rule of different Kings and kingdoms.
Places of interest
- Nabbinagaram is called as NH97 and Mumbai highway is passing nearby Atmakur.
- Alaghanathaswami Devastanam
- Lord Venkateswara Temple
- Venkatrao Palli Abhaya Anjaneya Swamy Temple
- Somasila dam on Pennar river
- Rahamatabad Darga
- Anantha Sagaram Pond
- Mahimaluru Venugopala Swami temple
- Venkatrao palliKodanda Ramanjaneya Swami temple
- Atmakur Ravi Teja Kalyana Mandapam
- nellorepalem sri ramalaym ,venkiah swami temple
Atmakur is an assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh. In 1999, there were 1,58,292 registered voters in Atmakur constituency.
- Alan Butterworth and Y Venugopaul Chetty, A Collection of the Inscriptions on Copper-Plates & Stones In The Nellore District. - 3 Vols., Asian Educational Services (1990)
- Sivuni Chandra sekhar Reddy-Atmakur Kaifiyatu (An Autobiography of Atkooru)