||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (October 2013)|
|Elevation||58 m (190 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Atmakur is the headquarters of Atmakur mandal in Spsr Nellore District of Andhra Pradesh State, India. It belongs to Andhra region .It is located 51 KM towards west from District head quarters Nellore.
Atmakur has a rich heritage and culture. During the 16th century, it was under the rule of Vijayanagara Empire. Since then, it has been under the rule of different Kings and kingdoms.
Places of interest
- Atmakur Main bazar Sri Aryavysya Kodanda Ramaswamy devasthanam.
- Near satram Alaghanathaswami Devastanam
- Lord Venkateswara Temple
- Venkatrao Palli Abhaya Anjaneya Swamy Temple
- Somasila dam on Penna river
- A.S Peta Rahamatabad Darga
- Anantha Sagaram Pond
- Mahimaluru Venugopala Swami temple
- Venkatrao palliKodanda Ramanjaneya Swami temple
- Nellorepalem sri ramalayam ,Venkaiah swami temple
- Sri Avadhuth Kasinayana Ashram
How to reach Atmakur
Nellore is the Nearest Town to Atmakur. Nellore is 53 km from Atmakur. Road connectivity is there from Nellore to Atmakur.
There is no railway station near to Atmakur in less than 10 km. How ever There are railway stations from Near By town Nellore. Nellore South Rail Way Station , Nellore Rail Way Station are the railway stations near to Nellore. You can reach from Nellore to Atmakur by road after .
Atmakur (N) APSRTC Bus Station , Vasili APSRTC Bus Station , Annasamudram Pet APSRTC Bus Station are the nearby by Bus Stations to Atmakur .APSRTC runs Number of busses from major cities to here.
Atmakur is an assembly constituency in Andhra Pradesh. In 1999, there were 1,58,292 registered voters in Atmakur constituency.
Secondary and higher secondary education are handled by SSC board.There are several schools,Junior colleges,Degree Colleges & one engineering college named Atmakur engineering college offering B.tech & M.tech.
- Alan Butterworth and Y Venugopaul Chetty, A Collection of the Inscriptions on Copper-Plates & Stones In The Nellore District. - 3 Vols., Asian Educational Services (1990)
- Sivuni Chandra sekhar Reddy-Atmakur Kaifiyatu (An Autobiography of Atmakur)