Aton Ben-Horin headshot in NYC skyline. Taken March 31, 2013
October 11, 1979 |
|Origin||Los Angeles, California,
|Occupations||Record executive, producer, songwriter, music manager|
|Labels||Warner Music Group|
Aton Ben-Horin (born October 11, 1979) is an American record producer and music executive. As of January 16, 2013, Aton serves as Director of Global A&R for all of Warner Music Group's labels, including Atlantic Records and Warner Bros. Records. Ben-Horin is also the Owner of Plush Recording Studios, the CEO of Plush Management LLC, and a founding partner/producer for The Agency (production team).
Aton initially began his career as a musician and songwriter in a touring rock band, Atomic Tangerine, sharing the stage with acts such as Simple Plan and Jimmy Eat World Aton then ventured into the dance music scene and began DJing and producing dance music, under the name DJ 8on. He headlined the BreakBeat stage at Ultra Music Festival, radio mix shows, and local music venues. In August 2007 Aton opened Plush Recording Studios, which has developed into one of the premier Florida recording studios, with clients such as Nicki Minaj, Flo Rida, Justin Bieber, and Chris Brown, to name a few. Through his production and songwriting team, The Agency, Aton has produced and licensed a catalog of songs with the likes of John Legend, Rick Ross, Ciara, and many more. Through Plush Management LLC, he signed YouTube sensation Avery and secured her a major record deal with Universal Motown. His multi-faceted path through live performance and management soon led him to A&R. In 2012, Aton began doing A&R at Warner Music Group, under Mike Caren (worldwide president of A&R, Warner Music Group).
Since joining Warner Music Group, Aton has delivered hit singles for Jason Derulo, Flo Rida, David Guetta, and more. Some of his most recent successes include Jason Derulo's "Talk Dirty", which was certified multi-platinum in many territories —and "Bad" by David Guetta (featuring Showtek and Vassy), which spent weeks at #1 on Beatport, and charted top10 in various territories internationally.
|Jake Miller||"First Flight Home"||First Flight Home||2014||Co-Writer, A&R|
|Alex Newell||"Nobody To Love"||Nobody To Love||2014||A&R|
|Jason Derulo||"Wiggle" ft. Snoop Dogg||Talk Dirty||2014||A&R|
|Jason Derulo||"Talk Dirty" ft. 2 Chainz||Talk Dirty / Tattoos||2014||A&R|
|Jason Derulo||"Bubblegum" ft. Tyga||Talk Dirty||2014||A&R|
|Jason Derulo||"Kama Sutra" ft. Kid Ink||Talk Dirty||2014||A&R|
|David Guetta & Showtek||"Bad" ft. Vassy||Bad||2014||A&R|
|Brandyn Burnette||"Thanks For Nothing"||Thanks For Nothing||2014||A&R|
|Jason Derulo||"Tattoos"||Tattoos||2013||Co-Vocal Producer|
|Jason Derulo||"Side Effect"||Tattoos||2013||A&R|
|Flo Rida||"How I Feel"||The Perfect 10||2013||A&R|
|Flo Rida||"Rear View" ft. August Alsina||The Perfect 10||2013||A&R|
|Meek Mill ft. John Legend, Rick Ross, Nas||"Maybach Curtains"||Dreams and Nightmares||2012||Co-Producer|
|Avery||"Good Times"||Good Times||2012||Co-Producer, Co-Writer, Guitarist, Vocal Producer|
|Avery||"Go Screw Yourself (GSY)"||Go Screw Yourself||2011||Executive Producer|
|Ciara||"Heavy Rotation"||Basic Instinct||2010||Co-Producer|
|Avery||"Love Me or Let Me Go"||Love Me or Let Me Go||2010||Co-Producer, Co-Writer, Guitarist, Vocal Producer|
|Alexandra Amor||"Superstar"||Superstar||2010||Co-Producer, Co-Writer, Guitarist, Vocal Producer |
|Shiri Maimon||"Hard To Forget"||Standing On My Own||2008||Co-Writer|
|Shiri Maimon||"Now That You're Gone"||E MTV Awards||2008||Co-Writer|
|Shiri Maimon||"Veratziti Shetedi" (I Wanted You To Know)||Rega Lifney She...||2007||Co-Writer, Composer|
|Shiri Maimon||"Mamshicha Mikan" (Moving On)||Rega Lifney She...||2007||Co-Writer, Composer|
|Cupid||"Say Yes"||Time For A Change||2006||Co-Producer|
|Atomic Tangerine||"Closed Mind", "Gravity", "The Chase", "Bitch For Society", "Free", "Wanna", "I Exist", "Prism", "Yesterday's News", "Ounce Of Faith", " Dynamic", "You're the Way", "Found", "Stuck in Traffic"||Creatures Of Habit||2005||Co-Writer, Co-Producer, Vocal Producer, Guitarist, Harmony Vocalist|
|Vic Latino||"Sunglasses At Night" (DJ 8on Breaks Mix)||80's Now! (Tommy Boy)||2002||Producer, Remixer|
|Atomic Tangerine||"On You", "Wiseman", "Forever and a Day", "Hate Is Forever", "Simon Says"||Atomic Tangerine (EP)||1998||Co-Composer, Co-Writer|
- "Warner Music Group Expands Global A&R Team". A&R WorldWide. Retrieved April 3, 2013.
- Steven, James. "Warner Music Group Expands Global A&R Team". Warner Music Group. Retrieved April 3, 2013.
- Lindstorm, Al. "Warner Music Expands A&R Team". AudioKorner. Retrieved April 3, 2013.
- "Warner makes two new worldwide A&R appointments". Complete Music Update. Retrieved April 4, 2013.
- Wiggins, Keavin. "Florida Rock with R50 and Atomic Tangerine". RockNWorld.com. Retrieved April 5, 2013.
- "Orange Anime • View topic - BANG MUSIC FESTIVAL". OrangeAnime.com. Retrieved April 5, 2013.
- Carrino, Larry. "Fruits of Labor - Orlando rockers Atomic Tangerine work -- and win -- against the odds". New TImes, Broward Palm Beach. Retrieved January 27, 2005.
- Slomowitz, Ron. "Ultra Music Festival - WMC Opening Event and Lineup". About.com. Retrieved 2004.
- McFadden, Nicole. "Orlando’s Premier Boutique Recording Studio Announces Industry Night in Winter Springs, FL". PRLOG. Retrieved May 20, 2012.
- Brown, Chelsea. "Ahwatukee Teen Signs Major Record Deal". Ahwatukee Foothill News. Retrieved November 30, 2010.
- Ryan Seacrest- http://www.ryanseacrest.com/2011/11/10/youtube-spotlight-avery-offers-blueprint-for-youtube-artists-rise-to-mainstream/
- All Music - http://www.allmusic.com/album/talk-dirty-mw0002639652/credits
- RIAA- http://www.riaa.com/goldandplatinumdata.php?content_selector=gold-platinum-searchable-database
- Billboard "Talk Dirty" dominates- http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6052297/chart-highlights-jason-derulo-dominates-pop-songs-with-talk
- Snep.Musique- http://www.snepmusique.com/tops-semaine/top-singles/?ye=2014&we=16
- ARIA Charts- http://www.ariacharts.com.au/chart/dance-singles
- UK Dance Charts - http://www.officialcharts.com/archive-chart/_/18/2014-04-19/
- All Music- http://www.allmusic.com/album/talk-dirty-mw0002639652/credits
- Sweet Lyrics- http://www.sweetslyrics.com/news-1687-Avery%20-%20Love%20me%20or%20Let%20me%20Go%20(Fresh%20Video).html
- ThinkTank - http://www.thinktankmktg.com/news/1446-introducing-alexandra-amor-debut-single-superstar-lights-up-pop-scene
- HitLab- https://www.hitlab.com/83362/interviews/blog/45768?l=ch