|This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2011)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
It is around 30 km far from Aligarh, which is famous for Aligarh Muslim University. 20 km from Narora Atomic Power Plant(the only Nuclear Project in UP), situated at right bank of Holy river Ganga.Ex Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh MR. Kalyan Singh has contested many elections from Atrauli constituency.The name of the town is taken from Atri Muni who visited Atrauli.
Atrauli is also known for milk collection, with collection centers Tulsi dairy, Shahji dairy, Balaji dairy, Paras dairy, Nova dairy, Param dairy and other. It also known as the birthplace of music legend Ustad Alladiya Khan (1855–1946), the founder of the Jaipur-Atrauli gharana school of music.
Atrauli is located at  It has an average elevation of 136 metres (446 feet)..
As of 2001[update] India census, Atrauli had a population of 43,845. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Atrauli has an average literacy rate of 45%, lower than the national average of 59.5%; with 62% of the males and 38% of females literate. 17% of the population is under 6 years of age. Viresh Yadav is the MLA from Atrauli.Young Counceller of Nagar Palika Sachin Verma S/O bisan chand verma 
Entertainment has also got its own space among people's lives and Atrauli provides its inhabitants the place where they can indulge for three hours, in form of two cinemas as listed below -
- Shiv Palace
- Kailash Pati Cinema
But now there is only 1 is left Kailash Pati Cinema. The other is closed due to bankruptcy. Peoples from rural areas from periphery of 20 km around come to entertain here, It is a very cheap town for shopping.
||This article's list of residents may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability or notability policies. (September 2011)|
- Kalyan Singh, Ex Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh
- Ustad Alladiya Khan, founder of the Jaipur-Atrauli gharana school of music
- Khadim Hussain Khan, Indian classical singer of Agra gharana
- Ravikant Nagaich, Hindi film director
- Rajiv Dixit, orator
- Ashok Singhal,National President Vishwa Hindu Parishad
- "Atrauli". pincode.
- Where talent matters Times of India, June 26, 2006. "Heaven knows how many singers were fortunate to have sat at the feet of Ustad Alladiya Khan, founder of the Jaipur-Atrauali gharana."
- Kumāraprasāda Mukhopādhyāẏa (1 January 2006). The Lost World of Hindustani Music. Penguin Books India. pp. 154–. ISBN 978-0-14-306199-1. Retrieved 12 July 2013.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Atrauli
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.