Attack of the 50 Foot Cheerleader
|Attack of the 50 Foot Cheerleader|
|Directed by||Kevin O'Neill|
|Produced by||Roger Corman
|Written by||Mike MacLean|
|Editing by||Yasmin Assemi
|Production company||New Horizon Films|
|Running time||90 minutes|
Attack of the 50 Foot Cheerleader is a 3D comedy horror television film directed by Kevin O'Neill and produced by Roger Corman as his first 3D production and an update of the 1958 film Attack of the 50 Ft. Woman and the 1993 made-for-TV film. The film stars Treat Williams, Sean Young, and Jena Sims. The film was released on 25 August 2012 on Epix.
Cassie Stratford (Jena Sims) is an aspiring college cheerleader who grows to giant size after taking an experimental drug intended to only increase her beauty and athletic abilities.
- Sean Young as Brenda Stratford
- Ryan Merriman as Kyle
- Treat Williams as Dr. Grey
- Sasha Jackson as Jett
- Ted Raimi as Dr. Higgs
- John Landis as Professor White
- Jena Sims as Cassie Stratford
- Tony Evangelista as Mac
- Mary Woronov as House Mother
Roger Corman stated that for each of the 350+ films he's produced, he has worked efficiently and planned them in advance. He told the Toronto Star that he hopes to premiere the film at Comic-Con in July. In a compliment he paid to the actress Sean Young, Corman told her, "Sean, you were great in the picture but you were miscast. You look too good to be the mother!" This will be Corman's first 3D production. Jena Sims was Miss Georgia Teen USA in 2007. She has previously acted on television, but this is her biggest role. Four versions of the film were produced; permutations included optional 3D effects and nudity.
- Barton, Steve (November 7, 2011). "M 2011: Attack of the 50 Foot Cheerleader Artwork Stands Tall". Dread Central. Retrieved April 13, 2012.
- Rocca, Mo (February 26, 2012). "Roger Corman: Still "King of the Bs"". CBS News. Retrieved April 13, 2012.
- Kushigemachi, Todd (April 24, 2012). "Epix slates Roger Corman, Graham Chapman pics". Variety. Retrieved April 26, 2012.
- Howell, Peter (February 27, 2012). "Sean Young no party animal, pal Roger Corman says". Toronto Star. Retrieved April 14, 2012.
- Rigney, Todd (November 7, 2011). "Sales Art for Kevin O’Neill’s Attack of the 50 Foot Cheerleader". Beyond Hollywood. Retrieved April 13, 2012.
- Alexander, Chris (April 10, 2012). "Interview: Jena Sims goes big in Corman's 3D "50 FT CHEERLEADER"". Fangoria. Retrieved April 13, 2012.
- Brzoznowski, Kristin (April 26, 2012). "EPIX Slates Original Premieres". World Screen. Retrieved April 26, 2012.
- McCabe, Joseph (April 25, 2012). "Roger Corman to Tackle 'Attack of the 50 Foot Cheerleader' in 3D". Fearnet. Retrieved April 26, 2012.
- Foy, Scott (April 25, 2012). "Roger Corman's Attack of the 50-Foot Cheerleader in 3D Promises to Be Epix". Dread Central. Retrieved April 27, 2012.
- Voger, Mark (August 23, 2012). "Roger Corman: One giant, one '50 Foot Cheerleader'". The Star-Ledger. Retrieved November 24, 2013.
- "Roger Corman’s Attack of the 50 Foot Cheerleader to Screen During Comic-Con". Daily Dead. June 20, 2012. Retrieved November 24, 2012.
- Kilday, Gregg (September 14, 2012). "Katy Perry and '50-Foot Cheerleader' Featured in 3DFF 3D Film Festival". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved November 24, 2012.