|Headquarters||Redwood City, California|
|Products||Text and social analytics|
Attensity provides social analytics and engagement applications for social customer relationship management (social CRM). Attensity's text analytics software applications extract facts, relationships and sentiment from unstructured data, which comprise approximately 85% of the information companies store electronically.
The software uses natural language processing technology to address collective intelligence in blogs, online forums and social media such as Twitter and Facebook; the voice of the customer in surveys and emails; customer experience management (CEM); e-services; research and e-discovery; risk and compliance; and intelligence analysis.
Corporations that use or have used Attensity software include Airbus, Charles Schwab, Citigroup, HP, JetBlue, Lloyds Banking Group, Safeway, Siemens, StubHub, TiVo, Travelocity, Unilever, Walgreens, and Wells Fargo.
As part of the 2012 election campaign, Attensity partnered with Yahoo! to provide social analytics around the televised GOP debates. Attensity also provided research on customer sentiment on campaign issues to media outlets such as USA Today.
Attensity offers products for both the social and non-social markets and is geared towards Enterprise-level companies.
Attensity was founded in 2000. In 2009, Attensity Corp. merged with Germany's Empolis and Living-e AG to form Attensity Group. In 2010, Attensity Group acquired Biz360, Inc., a provider of social media monitoring and market intelligence solutions. In early 2012, Attensity Group divested itself of the Empolis business unit via a management buyout; that unit currently conducts business under its pre-merger name.
- Shachtman, Noah (2005-03-03). "With Terror In Mind, A Formulaic Way To Parse Sentences". The New York Times. Retrieved 2010-02-24.
- "Structuring Unstructured Data". Forbes.com. 2007-04-05. Retrieved 2010-02-24.
- O'Connell, Matthew (2012-04-17). "Aggregating Social Data Requires a Firehose". CMSWire. Retrieved 2012-04-18.
- Miller, Ron (2011-09-17). "Attensity launches real-time Facebook analytics module". FierceContentManagement. Retrieved 2012-04-18.
- Morrison, Scott (2008-01-28). "So Many, Many Words". The Wall Street Journal. Archived from the original on 28 March 2010. Retrieved 2010-02-24.
- Connelly, Phoebe (2012-01-08). "Yahoo! readers still unsure about Romney as frontrunner". Yahoo!. Retrieved 2012-04-18.
- Martin, Scott (2012-03-06). "Can social media predict election outcomes?". USA Today. Retrieved 2012-04-18.
- "Attensity, Empolis, Living-e Merge To Deliver Combined Customer Analytics". Intelligent Enterprise. Retrieved 2010-02-26.
- "Attensity Buys Biz360 for Social Media Monitoring". DestinationCRM. Archived from the original on 13 May 2010. Retrieved 2010-05-05.
- "Biz360 Scooped Up By Data Analytics Co. Attensity". Dow Jones VentureWire. Retrieved 2010-04-28.