Attila (deathcore band)
|Genres||Deathcore, metalcore, Nu metal|
|Associated acts||Upon A Burning Body, Dr. Acula, Chelsea Grin, Emmure|
|Past members||Chris Comrie
Attila is an American deathcore band from Atlanta, Georgia, who were formed in 2005. Frontman Chris Fronzak started the band in high school; he and Sean Heenan (drummer) are the only original members. They have released five full-length albums. Their most successful album About That Life was produced by Joey Sturgis, released on June 25, 2013 and debuted on the Billboard 200 chart at #22. Attila has toured across the United States with bands such as Hed PE, Arsonists Get All the Girls, See You Next Tuesday, Emmure, Chelsea Grin, and Oceano. The band is currently signed to Artery Recordings, a label imprint of the Razor & Tie company.
In 2011, Fronzak was featured in the From The Embrace song "La Flama Blanca", which appeared on the band's "The Grind" EP. In 2012, Fronzak was featured in the In Dying Arms song "Bathed in Salt", which appeared on the band's album Boundaries released in September 2012. He also featured in the song "Love, Sex, Riot" from Issues' debut EP Black Diamonds, which was released on November 13. Fronzak was also featured in the We Are The Blog! song "Shwash" in their EP Decadence. Also Fronzak featured in "Mimic" from Upon A Burning Body's 2012 album Red.White.Green. He also featured in My City, My Secret's song "The Forefront", in their debut EP Dream Being. On October 30, Attila released a new song via iTunes, called "Party With the Devil", along with a re-recorded version of the song "Soda In The Water Cup". In 2013, Fronz was also featured in Sleeping With Sirens song "Best There Ever Was" off their latest album, "Feel."
Formation and Early Release (2005-2010)
Chris Fronzak, Sean Heenan, Sam Halcomb, Matt Booth and Kris Wilson formed Attila in their hometown of Atlanta in 2005, meeting each other at their high school and through mutual friends. Their mutual love of music (and partying) brought the guys together to form what would eventually become the fourth imprint on the Artery Foundation/Razor & Tie joint venture, Artery Recordings.
Not wanting to use typical death metal terms, their name comes from Attila the Hun, a name which they came across in a book not long after their inception.
On October 23, 2006 lead vocalist Chris Fronzak starred on MTV's television show Made where he was made into a model.
Attila released two albums with Statik Factory prior to signing to Artery Recordings; Fallacy and Soundtrack to a Party. Attila has also previously toured with Arsonists Get All The Girls, See You Next Tuesday, Chelsea Grin, American Me, and We Are The End.
Though their original formation was in 2005, the band did not start touring full-time until around 2010.
Signing to Artery Recordings and Rage (2010-2011)
Attila signed to Artery Recordings in 2010 and would soon release their debut album with the label. The third album was called Rage in the summer of 2010. The band recorded, produced, mixed, and mastered Rage with Interlace Audio's Stephan Hawkes in Portland, Oregon.
Attila toured with HED PE and Threat Signal from March 3 to April 10. Attila's third album Rage was released on May 11, 2010. Attila released their music video for the album's self-titled track "Rage" on October 8, 2010.
Outlawed and About That Life (2011-present)
Attila began work on their fourth album in 2011, and released their first single "Payback" from the album Outlawed on June 16, 2011. Outlawed was issued on August 16, 2011. On October 17, 2011, Attila released their first music video from the album, "Payback". Attila released a lyric video for their song "Another Round" on July 9, 2012, and another lyric video for the their song "Nasty Mouth" on October 2, 2012. On October 30, 2012, Attila released a new single, "Party with the Devil", and a re-recorded version of the song "Soda in the Water Cup" from the album "Soundtrack to a Party".
In November and December 2012, Attila played on the Monster Energy Outbreak Tour with Asking Alexandria, Memphis May Fire, Suicide Silence, and As I Lay Dying. On January 4, 2013, Attila was announced to play at Warped Tour 2013 from June 16 to July 11, 2013.
On February 3, 2013, it was announced that the band had finished writing their follow-up to Outlawed and had entered the studio. The band has stated that the album will be the "heaviest" and "craziest" album they have ever made. On February 25, 2013, the band uploaded their own "Harlem Shake" video.
On April 20, 2013, Attila revealed the information about their new album entitled About That Life. The album is set for release on June 25, 2013 and pre-orders were available immediately following the announcement along with the first single from the album, "Middle Fingers Up."
On May 24, 2013, Attila teamed up with Spotify and Revolver and released the title track from the record "About That Life"
On May 28, 2013, Attila revealed the tracklisting from the upcoming album "About That Life".
On June 25, 2013, Attila released the album "About That Life".
On December 11, 2013, it was announced that frontman, Chris Fronzak would be heading into the studio next month to begin recording his forthcoming rap/hip-hop album. Later that night on MTV's Warped Roadies it was announced that Attila would be playing Warped Tour 2014, with fellow announcements Tear Out the Heart, Mayday Parade, The Protomen and Plague Vendor.
- Current members
- Chris "Fronz" Fronzak - lead vocals (2005–present)
- Chris Linck - guitar (2008–present)
- Nate Salameh - guitar (2008–present)
- Sean Heenan - drums (2005–present)
- Kalan Blehm - bass, backing vocals (2012–present) (ex-We Were Gentlemen, ex-For the Fallen Dreams)
- Former members
- Chris Comrie - bass guitar, backing vocals (2010-2012)
- Paul Ollinger - bass guitar (2008-2010) (Mantis)
- Sam Halcomb - bass guitar (2005-2008)
- Matt Booth - guitar (2005-2007)
- Kris Wilson - guitar (2005-2007)
|US Top 200||US Indie||US Hard Rock||US Rock||US Heat|
|2008||Soundtrack to a Party||—||—||—||—||—|
|2013||About That Life||22||5||4||5||—|
- "Attila - "Rage" CD Review - in Metal Reviews". Metal Underground.com. Retrieved 2013-03-09.
- "Outlawed – Attila CD Review". Apocalyptic Demise. Retrieved 2013-03-09.
- "Attila - About That Life Review". Alternative Press. 2013-06-03. Retrieved 2014-04-04.
- Bowar, Chad (April 22, 2013). "Attila Announce New Album ‘About That Life’ + Release Song ‘Middle Fingers Up’". Loudwire. Retrieved 7 August 2013.
- "Attila Biography". Sing365.com. 2010-05-11. Retrieved 2013-03-09.
- "Blabbermouth.Net - Attila Signs With Artery Recordings". Roadrunnerrecords.com. Retrieved 2011-08-27.
- "Attila Sign To Artery Recordings | News @". Ultimate-guitar.com. 2010-02-11. Retrieved 2011-08-27.
- "ATTILA: 'About That Life' First-Week Sales Revealed - July 3, 2013". blabbermouth.net. Retrieved 2013-07-03.
- "Interview with Fronz of Attila (Video)". Retrieved 2011-08-27.
- "Warped Tour 2013 to include The Chariot, Attila | News". Lambgoat. 2013-01-04. Retrieved 2013-03-09.
- "City Of Punk". City Of Punk. 2009-06-22. Retrieved 2013-03-09.
- "Attila Do The ‘Harlem Shake’ | Theprp.com – Metal, Hardcore And Rock News, Reviews And More". Theprp.com. Retrieved 2013-03-09.
- "Attila Debut New Song "Middle Fingers Up", Reveal June Release Date For New Album". Theprp.com. 20 April 2013. Retrieved 20 April 2013.
- "Attila Debut New Song "About That Life",". revolvermag.com. 24 May 2013. Retrieved 24 May 2013.
- "Outlawed - Attila". AllMusic. 2011-08-16. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- Independent Albums. "Attila Music News & Info". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2011-08-27.