Aubrey Independent School District
|Aubrey Independent School District|
|Type and location|
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Region||ESC Region 11|
|Location||415 Tisdell Ln.
|Superintendent||Dr. James Monaco|
|NCES District ID||4808910|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||120.71 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||14.78 (2009-10)|
|Athletic Conference||UIL Class 3A Football|
|Colors||Red, Navy, White|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Recognized|
Aubrey Independent School District is a public school district based in Aubrey, Texas (USA). In addition to Aubrey, the district also serves the city of Krugerville and a portion of Cross Roads. The district operates one high school, Aubrey High School.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $539,782,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.104 and the bond tax rate was $0.050 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "recognized" by the Texas Education Agency. Thirty-five percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Recognized
- 2010: Recognized
- 2009: Recognized
- 2008: Recognized
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Recognized
In the 2011-2012 school year the district had students in five schools.
- Regular instructional
- Aubrey High School (Grades 9-12)
- Aubrey Middle School (Grades 6-8)
- Brockett Elementary School (Grades K-5)
- Monaco Elementary School (Grades PK-5)
- JJAEP instructional
Denton County JJAEP (Grades 6-12)
Aubrey High School participates in the boys sports of baseball, basketball, football, and wrestling. The school participates in the girls sports of basketball, softball, and volleyball. For the 2012 through 2014 school years, Aubrey High School will play football in UIL Class 3A.
- "Texas School Directory 2012". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Aubrey ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Aubrey High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 17 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 August 2012.