Auburn Township, Crawford County, Ohio
|Auburn Township, Crawford County, Ohio|
Location of Auburn Township in Crawford County.
|• Total||24.8 sq mi (64.2 km2)|
|• Land||24.7 sq mi (63.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.3 km2)|
|Elevation ||1,017 ft (310 m)|
|• Density||36.3/sq mi (14.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085932|
Auburn Township is one of the sixteen townships of Crawford County, Ohio, United States. The 2000 census found 897 people in the township, 616 of whom lived in the unincorporated portions of the township.
Located in the northeastern corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Richmond Township, Huron County - north
- New Haven Township, Huron County - northeast
- Plymouth Township, Richland County - east
- Sharon Township, Richland County - southeast corner
- Vernon Township - south
- Sandusky Township - southwest corner
- Cranberry Township - west
Name and history
Auburn Township was established in 1820.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Crawford County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- History of Crawford County and Ohio. Baskin & Battey. 1881. p. 511.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Archived from the original on 16 March 2007. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.