Auburn Township, Tuscarawas County, Ohio
|Auburn Township, Ohio|
Ragersville Veteran's Memorial
Municipalities and townships of Tuscarawas County.
|• Total||22.5 sq mi (58.3 km2)|
|• Land||22.5 sq mi (58.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,047 ft (319 m)|
|• Density||47.9/sq mi (18.5/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1087050|
Located in the western part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Sugar Creek Township - north
- Dover Township - northeast
- York Township - east
- Jefferson Township - southeast
- Bucks Township - southwest
- Clark Township, Holmes County - northwest
No municipalities are located in Auburn Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees. The current trustees are Bruce Hanna, Dale Krebs, and Ralph Sundheimer, Jr., and the fiscal officer is Alan Youngen.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Tuscarawas County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Archived from the original on 16 March 2007. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- Tuscarawas County, Ohio — Engineer: Joseph S. Bachman. Tuscarawas County. Accessed 2007-06-01.