|Starring||Allen Lee Haff
Clinton "Ton" Jones
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||4|
|No. of episodes||85 (List of episodes)|
|Running time||22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Gurney Productions|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)
|Original run||November 9, 2010– present|
In June 2011, Spike announced that it had ordered a third season of 26 episodes. In August 2012, Spike announced that it had ordered a fourth season of 26 episodes. The fourth season premiered on January 30, 2013.
On April 11, 2014, Spike ordered a 20-episode fifth season that will premiere in late 2014. Season 5 encompasses the duo as they expand their business past storage unit auctions. The fifth season renewal gives Auction Hunters the title of longest-running nonscripted show on Spike.
The show follows Allen Haff, and Clinton Jones (aka 'Ton'), who have experience in a variety of fields including guns and mystery safes, as they participate in storage unit auctions throughout Southern California and occasionally other locations around the United States. Each episode leads viewers through the pair's activities of bidding on and winning abandoned storage units, appraising the items found within, and selling the most lucrative and interesting pieces to experts or collectors.
Each episode begins with a text disclaimer stating that Haff and Jones purchase hundreds of units each year, and that only their rarest and most valuable finds are presented on the show. They claim that most of their units end up making little to no money, and that in fact they follow the 80%/20% rule in that they make 80% of their profit from 20% of the units they buy.
Recurring character Robin "Big Sis" Matte, died May 12, 2014, at the age of 37. A memorial appeared at the end of the first episode of the 5th season.
- Ball Boys, a similar show about the wheeling and dealing of sports memorabilia on ABC
- Storage Wars, a similar show on A&E
- Storage Wars: Texas, a similar show on A&E
- Storage Hunters, a similar show on TruTV
- Hofstatter, M. (June 20, 2011). "Spike Orders A Third Season Of Auction Hunters!". Spike TV. Retrieved June 21, 2011.
- "Spike TV Renews ‘Auction Hunters’ And ‘American Digger’". Deadline. August 7, 2012. Retrieved August 8, 2012.
- "Allen Haff and Ton Jones to Open Their Own Storefront in "Auction Hunters: Pawnshop Edition"". The Futon Critic. Retrieved January 8, 2013.
- Goldberg, Lesley (April 11, 2014). "Spike TV Renews 'Auction Hunters' for Fifth Season". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved April 11, 2014.