|Full name||Audax Club Sportivo Italiano, SADP |
|Nickname(s)||Los Tanos, Los Itálicos, Audinos|
|Founded||30 November 1910|
|Ground||Estadio Municipal de La Florida
La Florida, Chile
|League||Chilean Primera División|
|Website||Club home page|
Audax Club Sportivo Italiano (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈauðaks itaˈljano]) is a Chilean football club based in La Florida. Founded in 1910, it plays in the Chilean Primera División and has spent most of its history in the top tier of Chilean football. Audax has been national champions four times, being the sixth Chilean team with more title alongside Magallanes. The club also achieved two Copa Chile runner-ups in 1981 and 1988.
The club had their first major success in 1936, when they won the league tournament. During the 1940s, Audax won two leagues in 1946 and 1948. In 1957, the team won its last league championship, being its fourth league title in Audax's history, being very close to winning in the season 2006 and 2007, reached two Copa Libertadores appearances for first time in its history, during 2007 and 2008.
The club was founded by Italian residents in Santiago, on November 30, 1910 as Audax Club Ciclista Italiano in the Alberto Caffi's hat store, and was originally focused in cycling. As football developed quickly in Santiago, in 1917 the club begun participating in that sport, and in 1922, when the popularity of football increased within Audax's supporters, the club changed its name to Audax Club Sportivo Italiano.
In January 2007, the club was transformed into a limited liability corporation, and changed its name to Audax Italiano La Florida, adding the name of the comuna in which it's always been located.
The club has always been a regular protagonist in Chilean football, but had never been able to participate in any major international competition until 2007, when they played in the Copa Libertadores. As a club founded by immigrants, it has a special rivalry with the other immigrant clubs Unión Española (founded by Spaniards) and Palestino (founded by Palestinian Arabs).
- Primera División de Chile
- Winners (4): 1936, 1946, 1948, 1957
- Runner-up (8): 1934, 1935, 1938, 1940, 1944, 1947, 1951, 2006 Clausura
- Primera B de Chile
- Runner-Up (1): 1995
- Ligulla Pre-Sudamericana
- Winners (1): 2007
- Copa Chile
- Runner-up (2): 1981, 1998
- Campeonato de Apertura:
- Winners (1): 1941
Performance in conmebol competitions
- Copa Libertadores: 2 appearances
- Copa Sudamericana: 1 appearance
- 2007: Second Preliminary Round
- Copa CONMEBOL: 1 appearance
- 1998: First Round
- Largest margin of victory:
- Largest margin of defeat:
- Longest win streak: 24 games in 2007
- Most goals scored in international play: Rodolfo Moya & Carlos Villanueva (3 goals)
- Most goals scored in one season in Primera División: José Luis Díaz (23 goals in 1999)
- Most goals scored in two short tournaments: Carlos Villanueva (30 goals in 2007)
Current squad of Audax Italiano as of 15 March 2012 (
Manager: Jorge Pellicer