|Division of Audi AG and Volkswagen Group India|
|Headquarters||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Slogan||Vorsprung durch Technik|
Audi has been selling luxury cars in India since 2004, however the Audi India was established in March 2007 as a division of Volkswagen Group Sales India. Audi is represented in 110 countries worldwide and since 2004, Audi has been selling its products on the Indian market.
In March 2007, Audi set up its own sales company for India. By establishing Audi India as a division of Volkswagen Group Sales India Pvt. Ltd. in Mumbai, Audi is making a clear long-term statement in the country with ambitious growths plans. Audi’s goal is to become the leading automobile luxury brand in the Indian market in the next few years.
The Audi India strategy encompasses significant investments in branding, marketing, exclusive dealerships and after sales service for the upcoming years.
Assembled/Manufactured entirely locally
Imported/available as CBU's
Sales and service network
Audi India sold 3,003 vehicles in the year 2010 compared to 1,650 vehicles in 2009 and registered an increase of 81% in sales growth.
Audi plans on launching 10 new models in the Indian market in 2015. Joe King, the Brand Director, said, “Next year we plan to launch around ten products in the Indian market. It is going to be an exciting and busy year for us. We are looking to bring in next round of investments into the country, keeping in mind the immense long term potential of the Indian market.”
- "Audi India > Company > About Audi India". Audi.in. 2009-09-15. Archived from the original on 23 July 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-02.
- "Audi models available in India". Audi India.
- "Audi to start selling premium A3 Sedan in India from mid-2014". The Economic Times. 23 March 2014.
- "Audi India > Dealerships > India Network". Audi.in. 2010-04-26. Archived from the original on 28 July 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-02.
- "Audi India > Company > News > Local news". Audi.in. Archived from the original on 29 July 2010. Retrieved 2010-08-02.
- "Audi plans on launching 10 new model in India in 2015". 20 December 2014. Retrieved 24 December 2014.
|This automobile-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|