|Traded as||TASE: AUDC NASDAQ: AUDC|
|Industry||VoIP, Telecommunications, Communication systems|
|Key people||Shabtai Adlersberg (Chairman) and (CEO)|
|Products||IP telephony, Media gateways,
|Revenue||US$ 150.04 million (2010)|
|Operating income||$ 10.44 million (2010)|
|Profit||$ 12.13 million (2010)|
CTI Squared Ltd.,
NSC Natural Speech Communication Ltd.
AudioCodes Ltd. designs, develops and sells advanced Voice over IP (VoIP) and converged VoIP and Data networking products and applications to service providers and enterprises. AudioCodes is a VoIP technology market leader focused on converged VoIP & data communications and its products are deployed globally in broadband, mobile, cable, and enterprise networks.
Shabtai Adlersberg co-founded AudioCodes in 1993 having previously co-founded DSP Group, a semiconductor company, in 1987. The company was established based on its low-bit-rate speech compression technology. AudioCodes first achievement was when the company’s speech compression algorithm was selected by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) as a basis for the ITU-T G.723.1 standard.
By 1996 and 1997, AudioCodes has been recognized for its high quality voice over packet chips. Continuing up the “food chain” AudioCodes began building PCI VoIP communication blades. AudioCodes shifted their focus to CompactPCI boards, achieving a transition to a higher capacity enabling the gateway market to take off.
In 1999, AudioCodes was listed on the NASDAQ stock exchange (NASDAQ: AUDC) and the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange. In 2001 AudioCodes released their first media gateway independent platform, based on existing blade and chip technology. The first product was an analog media gateway followed by a family of media gateways combining analog and digital interfaces. This was followed by the high density media gateways and media servers and more currently they have entered the market for multi-service business gateways and IP phones.
AudioCodes' international headquarters and R&D facilities are located in Lod, Israel, with branch offices in Chicago, San Jose, Research Triangle Park, Somerset, Boston, Miami, Beijing, Singapore, New Delhi, Seoul, Sydney, Mexico City, Buenos Aires, São Paulo, London, Paris, Moscow, Kiev, Rome and Frankfurt.
- On July 6, 2006 AudioCodes acquired Netrake Corporation (of Plano, Texas), a provider of Session border controllers (SBC) and security gateway solutions. SBCs enable connectivity, policies and security for real-time sessions such as VoIP and video when traversing IP to IP networks. Security Gateways enable secure real-time sessions across wi-fi, broadband and wireless networks in fixed-mobile convergence (FMC) deployments.
- On February 2007 AudioCodes acquired CTI Squared Ltd. ("CTI2"), a leading provider of unified communications platforms deployed globally by service providers and enterprises. CTI2's platforms integrate data and voice messaging services over internet, intranet, PSTN, cellular, cable and enterprise networks.
- "The 10 That Established VoIP", ILocus, September 2007
- "Shabtai Adlersberg Profile", Forbes.com, retrieved 2010-05-01
- "AudioCodes Announces Agreement to Acquire Netrake Corporation", CompactPCI and AdvancedTCA Systems magazine, July 6, 2006
- "AudioCodes to Buy CTI2", Light Reading, February 1, 2007