||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2013)|
|Also known as||Audrey Napoleon|
March 31, 1987 |
Houston, Texas, United States
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Genres||Tech house, minimal techno, progressive house, electronic, electro house, underground pop|
|Occupations||Singer-songwriter, Producer, Remixer, DJ|
|Associated acts||Nero, Jupiter Ace, Le Castle Vania|
Audrey Napoleon has become the ambassador of avant garde in electronic dance music, and the queen of Napoleon Nation inhabited by her devoted fans. Although a producer and performer by trait, she encompasses the life of a true artist, delving to many different mediums from mainstream advertisement, to makeup, to her love for all things fashion.
With humble beginnings in the Los Angeles club scene, Audrey Napoleon's career began as the opening act for superstar DJs like James Zabiela, at the infamous Avalon Hollywood Nightclub. She began to make a splash in the industry with the 2012 release of her first EP Ornamental Egos. Along with the acclaimed tracks, Audrey put herself, and her unique, edgy beauty into a series of movie-esque music videos. The visually stunning short stories instantly set Audrey apart from the status and it was the beginning of something that had never been seen in the electronic music.
Audrey Napoleon maintained her dark approach in 2013, when she once again brought stunning visuals to her fans with her 2013 track, “Dope a la Mode.” The haunting song featured her as a singer-songwriter and the star of a jaw-dropping, bloodbath, S&M music video.
Although, she continues to work in the studio to produce new track and remixes, Audrey Napoleon, has several other notable projects, including being the face of Heineken’s “Dance More Drink Slow,” campaign. She produced the original music titled, ‘#MySunrise,’ exclusively for the commercial that is currently airing in 28 countries around the world. She, also, composed the music for Fredrik Bond's directorial debut, The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman, starring Shia LaBeouf and Evan Rachel Wood.
As Audrey Napoleon continues to expand her brand, her real love and passion remain being a performer. Her live acts are some of the most energetic and powerful of any DJ in the world, which she continues to showcase at shows around the country.
- 2012: Ornamental Egos (SQE Music)
- 2010: Death Techno 015 (Death Techno)
- 2010: "This is Fucking Techno" (Circuit Freq Records)
- 2011: "Group Games" (Death Proof Recordings)
- 2011: "Mission: Sleep" (Death Proof Recordings)
- 2011: "Bird Lynch" (Circuit Freq Records)
- 2011: "Foxy Boxy" (SQE Music)
- 2011: "#MySunrise" (SQE Music)
- 2012: "Banana Soda Es Muy Loca" (SQE Music)
- 2012: "Bitchy Queen" (SQE Music)
- 2012: "Carlos Martinez" (SQE Music)
- 2012: "Green +15" (SQE Music)
- 2012: "Only You" (SQE Music)
- 2012: "Poison" (SQE Music)
- 2013: "Dope A La Mode" (SQE Music)
- C.C. Sheffield - "Long Brown Hair" (Ultra Records)
- D. Ramirez - "Everybody Has the Right" (Toolroom Records)
- Filter - "Surprise" (Wind-up Records)
- Le Castle Vania - "Disintegration" (mau5trap)
- "DJ-producer Audrey Napoleon beginning new residency". LVRJ.com. August 14, 2012. Retrieved October 12, 2012.
- "Revo Radar: Audrey Napoleon". wers.org. August 4, 2012. Retrieved October 12, 2012.
- "Audrey Napoleon Performs Like She Has Sex". LAWeekly.com. July 24, 2012. Retrieved October 13, 2012.
- "Interview: Audrey Napoleon (Aug 30, 2012)". LessThan3.com. August 30, 2012. Retrieved October 12, 2012.
- "Profile". Shejay.net. 2012. Retrieved October 12, 2012.
- "Audrey Napoleon Brings Avant Garde Fashion and Art to Electronic Music". June 14, 2014. Retrieved July 24, 2014.
- Official website
- Audrey Napoleon on Myspace
- Audrey Napoleon on Facebook
- Audrey Napoleon on Twitter
- Audrey Napoleon on Google+
- Audrey Napoleon on SoundCloud
- Audrey Napoleon's channel on YouTube
- Audrey Napoleon discography at Discogs
- Audrey Napoleon at the Internet Movie Database
|This article on an American disc jockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a record producer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|